The Student Room Group

Early "stroke" symptom

Over the last couple of days I've been neurological episodes everyday. I don't know how to explain this it feels like there's water running on the right side of my brain and body too. When this thing happens its feel cold at the same time I feel numb. Its lasts for about 7 seconds :frown::frown::frown: I think I'm going to die

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AsandaLFC
Over the last couple of days I've been neurological episodes everyday. I don't know how to explain this it feels like there's water running on the right side of my brain and body too. When this thing happens its feel cold at the same time I feel numb. Its lasts for about 7 seconds :frown::frown::frown: I think I'm going to die

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry you have to go through such a scare. Try and stay calm and also book an apointment ASAP to ensure if there Is something wrong it can be deal with quicker. But hopefully there isnt.
Reply 2
Ring 101 or whatever the number is.
Reply 3
Il to the hospital tomorrow guys:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Il to the hospital tomorrow guys:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you get on?
Reply 6
it's not a stroke. Strokes are unheard of before the age of 60 but you have to go see a doctor and call NHS asap as it may be MS or something.
Reply 7
Original post by arminb
it's not a stroke. Strokes are unheard of before the age of 60 but you have to go see a doctor and call NHS asap as it may be MS or something.

this might be on for the most stupid thing I have ever read in my life.

Please take no notice of the above, it's totally wrong.
Reply 8
Original post by arminb
Are you serious?? People have strokes at all ages, a girl at uni had one and ended up using crutches
Reply 9
My dad's a doctor and that's what he told me. Check this link too.
https://www.heart.org/idc/groups/heart-public/@wcm/@sop/@smd/documents/downloadable/ucm_449858.pdf
1 in every 150 strokes are in someone below the age of 20.

But that said, what OP has described isn't a stroke, so it doesn't really matter.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by arminb
https://www.heart.org/idc/groups/heart-public/@wcm/@sop/@smd/documents/downloadable/ucm_449858.pdf

Your dad's wrong, there's a lot of documented cases of strokes in under 60's.
http://www.stroke.org.uk/factsheet/stroke-people-working-age-18-65
http://www.stroke.org.uk/about/sarah-scott
Reply 12
Original post by arminb

Im a doctor. You can tell him from me he's wrong. x
Reply 13
Original post by DrID
Im a doctor. You can tell him from me he's wrong. x

maybe he's wrong because he is a gastroenterologist but I think it was my fault to use the wrong words. I should have said it rare in people at your age and I apologise for that. He also didn't mention any history of health issues or blood pressure so I assumed he's a healthy young man.
Reply 14
Original post by arminb
maybe he's wrong because he is a gastroenterologist but I think it was my fault to use the wrong words. I should have said it rare in people at your age and I apologise for that. He also didn't mention any history of health issues or blood pressure so I assumed he's a healthy young man.

I love this haha! Next time I see someone from gastro I'm going to quote you.

That lol aside. Well said. I would never ever give medical advice over the Internet. The op always had the right diagnosis until the have been seen and assessed by someone qualified.
Reply 15
Original post by Ebony19
How did you get on?

The doctor diagnosed me by just asking me questions

She gave me melatonin.

Ever since last year I have had countless days or sleep deprivation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The doctor diagnosed me by just asking me questions

She gave me melatonin.

Ever since last year I have had countless days or sleep deprivation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw it's good that it's something simple hopefully the melatonin works :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Ebony19
Aw it's good that it's something simple hopefully the melatonin works :smile:

The thing is i dont want to sleep unless ive an upcoming exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
The thing is i dont want to sleep unless ive an upcoming exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Erm okay...
That's a little back to front, normally people do the opposite to this and sleep less when they have an upcoming exam.

Why such a hate for sleep?
Reply 19
Original post by Ebony19
Erm okay...
That's a little back to front, normally people do the opposite to this and sleep less when they have an upcoming exam.

Why such a hate for sleep?

Its useless

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest