The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Accommodation help

Hi! I've been looking at the Coventry Uni accommodation and have narrowed them down to three which would suit me best; Liberty Point, Callice Court and Singer Hall. Which one is the best for a first year?

I know Callice Hall doesn't come with a sports membership but that isn't too expensive, is it?

I'm doing Mech Eng starting Sept 15. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by AlexJalland
Hi! I've been looking at the Coventry Uni accommodation and have narrowed them down to three which would suit me best; Liberty Point, Callice Court and Singer Hall. Which one is the best for a first year?

I know Callice Hall doesn't come with a sports membership but that isn't too expensive, is it?

I'm doing Mech Eng starting Sept 15. Thanks :smile:

Hey AlexJalland,

It really depends on what you want from your accommodation. I stayed in Raglan House in my first year which is pretty much the same layout as Callice Court, but slightly smaller in terms of how many flats it has, but I loved it. I had a lot of friends in Singer and it probably is one of the most social halls - but it depends how important the en-suite bathroom that both Callice and Liberty have is to you?

Gym membership is fairly cheap at the university gym so I wouldn't worry too much about that unless it's a priority. Try and decide what's most important to you, and if you have time visit the accommodations you've picked to see what they're all like in person :smile:

If you have any specific questions just drop us a line and we'll be happy to help. Good luck with the decision making!
- Josh
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Hi,

I'm joining Coventry in Sept 15 and I am also looking at these accommodation choices. I like how singer is like a little community and many people who I have spoken to didn't struggle too much with the whole shared bathroom situation?

Feel free to message me and we can discuss Coventry more?

Louise
Reply 3
Original post by Loulouchis
Hi,

I'm joining Coventry in Sept 15 and I am also looking at these accommodation choices. I like how singer is like a little community and many people who I have spoken to didn't struggle too much with the whole shared bathroom situation?

Feel free to message me and we can discuss Coventry more?

Louise

Hi Louise, which course are you going for? I am drawn more to Liberty as the location is closer to certain buildings. They also have more rooms so I would think that the social side is pretty good. I stayed in Singer Hall for a course once and it was great, the only problem was if you all wanted a shower there would be a long wait...

Many people have also said that Callice Court is a little run down on the inside..?

Liberty also says it has security, not too sure how important this is at Coventry?
Hey,

I do really like liberty and I am still applying for it. But I wouldn't mind too much if I was in singer really? I guess it'll be a case of wait and see really?

I'm going to study Spanish and TEFL :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Loulouchis
Hey,

I do really like liberty and I am still applying for it. But I wouldn't mind too much if I was in singer really? I guess it'll be a case of wait and see really?

I'm going to study Spanish and TEFL :smile:

Nice one, I think I'm going to go for Liberty. As you say, lets wait and see! :smile:
Have you tried Study Inn?
Liberty, Victoria Hall and Callice looked pretty good to me, but I'm worried about my finances during study.

Although Callice Court is an option because I'm used to sharing bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms etc. because I'm currently on my gap year and I'm working as on-site staff for a Youth hostel in Japan (I live in the hostel pretty much), and I need to share facilities with five co-workers. Although I would imagine Callice would have less facilities...

Does anyone know how much you roughly spend on food per month in Coventry?
That could change which accomodation I could afford during study:s-smilie:

By the way, I'm going to study English and TEFL.

Thanks!
Original post by ibabyslapper
Liberty, Victoria Hall and Callice looked pretty good to me, but I'm worried about my finances during study.

Although Callice Court is an option because I'm used to sharing bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms etc. because I'm currently on my gap year and I'm working as on-site staff for a Youth hostel in Japan (I live in the hostel pretty much), and I need to share facilities with five co-workers. Although I would imagine Callice would have less facilities...

Thanks!

Thanks!

Hey, I'll see you hopefully in TEFL classes?

I'm sure if you ask coventry help pages they'll be able to give you some guidance on spending? :smile:

Hope that helps
-Louise
Reply 9
I'm studying Media Production at Coventry at September and think I'm gonna put Singer as my top choice as it just seemed like a nicer place to live and the shared bathroom issue doesn't really bother me.
Does anyone know when we can apply for the accommodation?
Original post by rdeh
I'm studying Media Production at Coventry at September and think I'm gonna put Singer as my top choice as it just seemed like a nicer place to live and the shared bathroom issue doesn't really bother me.
Does anyone know when we can apply for the accommodation?

This month. You just have to keep an eye on the website :smile:
Hi I'm going to study theatre and professional practice. I am looking at callice court and wondering whether it has wifi in the room?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Jessicabd6
Hi I'm going to study theatre and professional practice. I am looking at callice court and wondering whether it has wifi in the room?

Posted from TSR Mobile

they all have wifi and i was thinking liberty as it includes free membership to the gym
That's cool. It's just so hard to decide. What you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Diwani
they all have wifi and i was thinking liberty as it includes free membership to the gym

Yeah, I am thinking Liberty too. It has the gym membership, wifi, good facilities plus security and it is pretty close to all the campus buildings.
Reply 15
Original post by AlexJalland
Yeah, I am thinking Liberty too. It has the gym membership, wifi, good facilities plus security and it is pretty close to all the campus buildings.

Yeah my mate goes there and she stays at liberty and she loves it.
Reply 16
Hi I need some help . I want to move in with my friend in a private accomidation and we split the rent equally however I’ll unofficially be living there . Is this safe and what address do I put down for the uni ? Could I get into trouble?
Reply 17

Thanks!

I stayed in Callice last year and I liked it well enough, you get an ensuite bathroom and the rooms are nice. The kitchens are a bit out of date but they still work well and you've got a lot more fridge and cupboard space per person than in most other halls. It's also very close to the city centre and uni buildings so you don't have far to walk (especially if you oversleep or can't be bothered to get up until 20 minutes before your lecture :smile: ). As far as food goes it depends on how well you can cook and how savvy you are with budgeting. I can get by comfortably on £50-60 per month although that relies on making food in bulk and freezing it or buying large bags of rice and frying/boiling meat and veg to go with it.
(edited 5 years ago)
I hope Im not the only one whos going into godvia place, dont want to be alone in there 😂
Beautiful and LARGE double bed and newly furnished room AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY OR WHENEVER SUITS YOU!

£99/week!
Bills inclusive!

141 KINGSTON ROAD, COVENTRY:

1 double bed
Fully furnished
Clean and newly refurbished
2 Shower rooms
Large kitchen and Living/Dining room
Outdoors Patio
Close to Coventry University/Warwick university bus stop (Perfect for students)
Quiet neighbourhood
Near LARGE Morrisons and opposite a corner shop
Full-length mirror
Comes with cooking utensils
Lots of space to park car
Oven/Microwave/Kettles/Dish washer/Washer and Dryer

PLEASE CALL: unac on 02476551555

Unac Ltd, 2 NewUnion St, Coventry CV1 2HN

(current tenant wishing to leave immediately due to leaving university)

Room must go! Date posted: 20/11/2018

PHOTOGRAPHS: https://www.gumtree.com/p/property-t...nts/1321390247

Quick Reply