The Student Room Group

Clearing

Hopefully I won't need to go through clearing, but if I do, can I re-apply for the unis that offered me a place and I turned them down? Not many unis do the course I want to do..
Original post by rutheys
Hopefully I won't need to go through clearing, but if I do, can I re-apply for the unis that offered me a place and I turned them down? Not many unis do the course I want to do..

There is nothing to stop you doing this (assuming they have spaces in clearing) but the uni will know they gave you an offer and you turned them down, and this may influence whether or not they give you an offer.

However, hopefully you won't have to go through clearing- try to make sure you have a sensible insurance choice to minimise the chances of this happening.
Reply 2
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
There is nothing to stop you doing this (assuming they have spaces in clearing) but the uni will know they gave you an offer and you turned them down, and this may influence whether or not they give you an offer.

However, hopefully you won't have to go through clearing- try to make sure you have a sensible insurance choice to minimise the chances of this happening.

Thanks for the information, I'll take that into account when choosing an Insurance choice.
Original post by rutheys
Thanks for the information, I'll take that into account when choosing an Insurance choice.

If it's an unusual course that not many unis offer, you may find your options are very limited in clearing. It might be worth looking at clearings listings from previous years and seeing if spaces are usually available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending