The Student Room Group

Living In London :-) Finance Fears

Hey guys,

I'm from Birmingham and considering moving to London to go to uni. The University is ranked in the top 15 for my subject but after my several visits I don't feel like I'll be able to live a life as 'comfortable' (count that as a main meal being other than pot noodle 3 times a weak :wink: ) due to the prices that are just so much higher down there!
Any of you moved to London? How are you finding it financially? Any tips?
Student Finance does give more money to people who study in London to deal with the extra costs.
Original post by Kuki12
Hey guys,

I'm from Birmingham and considering moving to London to go to uni. The University is ranked in the top 15 for my subject but after my several visits I don't feel like I'll be able to live a life as 'comfortable' (count that as a main meal being other than pot noodle 3 times a weak :wink: ) due to the prices that are just so much higher down there!

It depends on parental income, if your parents earn less than say £30,000 a year you should be fine as student finance is generous and you'd get generous university bursaries too, any higher than that and it could be less comfortable.
Original post by Kuki12
Hey guys,

It depends on parental income, if your parents earn less than say £30,000 a year you should be fine as student finance is generous and you'd get generous university bursaries too, any higher than that and it could be less comfortable.
Reply 4
Original post by jelly1000

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending