The Student Room Group

I hate Tony Blair.

Can anyone recommend a few books that will help me to improve my hatred for Tony Blair?

Scroll to see replies

'Tony Blair the war criminal' is a good one
Original post by BML
Can anyone recommend a few books that will help me to improve my hatred for Tony Blair?

A Journey by Tony Blair.
Original post by tehFrance
A Journey by Tony Blair.

I think he came across quite well in it...this is from somebody with a mixed opinion of him. Although personally I think a lot of the hate against him is quite silly.
Reply 4
Original post by Davij038
I think he came across quite well in it...this is from somebody with a mixed opinion of him. Although personally I think a lot of the hate against him is quite silly.

Much of the hate comes from the left (i suppose they are disproportionately pacifist as well). I believe that he was a credit to Britain especially in health, education and foreign policy.

Indeed, i would have voted Labour in 01.
Original post by Rakas21
Much of the hate comes from the left (i suppose they are disproportionately pacifist as well). I believe that he was a credit to Britain especially in health, education and foreign policy.

The right hate him for meddling in affairs that weren't ours and inflating the state. Also, mass immigration policies.

I think he's a very good politician; good enough to rule for so long whilst being hated by both wings of politics.
Reply 6
Original post by BML

Tony Blair - devil with good political marketing.

Naive young person: "I could never understand what Thatcher was saying but now I can actually understand what someone in Parliament is saying."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21

Unsure about education. I think his greatest strengths was certainly on Europe and foreign policy. Probably best leader we had on an international level.

Always funny seeing him wrecking the eurosceptics!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ZeCNXTjL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT--RnOYORI
Reply 8
Original post by HigherMinion
The right hate him for meddling in affairs that weren't ours and inflating the state. Also, mass immigration policies.

I think he's a very good politician; good enough to rule for so long whilst being hated by both wings of politics.

Most of the hate from the right seems to be retrospective in regards to immigration, i know many including myself actually support his crime/terrorist policies and support the security services. I blame Brown for the stealth taxes and loosening of the economy towards the end.
Reply 9
Obviously no Oxford men here.
Original post by Rakas21
Most of the hate from the right seems to be retrospective in regards to immigration, i know many including myself actually support his crime/terrorist policies and support the security services. I blame Brown for the stealth taxes and loosening of the economy towards the end.

I also think it was under Blair that the courts became far more corrupt and the street police job description changed to Community Outreach Officer. Maybe neoconservatives liked Blair, but conservatives did not.
Yeah they were quite a good band, Song 2 and Parklife are sick
i dont like tony anymore than you do, but i implore you, dont vote con or ukip. Please.
Original post by BML

the Labour Manifesto
Never understood the mass hate for one of our Greatest priministers
Who doesn't?
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
i dont like tony anymore than you do, but i implore you, dont vote con or ukip. Please.

Why? It isn't like UKIP or the Conservatives are actually any different from Blair or New Labour. It isn't like Miliband or Nick Clegg would be any good in power, and the possibility of the Labour, SNP, Sinn Fein coalition with Green support on kay votes doesn't worry you?
Original post by KingStannis
Never understood the mass hate for one of our Greatest priministers

That is an excellent joke.
He is in my view 2 or 3 in the worst PM's Britain has every had, he basically destroyed the British governmental system. Still not a bad as Lloyd George or Harold Wilson which were simply terrible.
Original post by william walker
Why? It isn't like UKIP or the Conservatives are actually any different from Blair or New Labour. It isn't like Miliband or Nick Clegg would be any good in power, and the possibility of the Labour, SNP, Sinn Fein coalition with Green support on kay votes doesn't worry you?

when in doubt

Vote green

Quick Reply