The Student Room Group

Guys who don't offer to pay on first date shouldn't get a second date

disgonbegud.gif

Scroll to see replies

I reckon the person who suggests the first date should be the one paying for it.
Agreed, with above. Whoever suggests should offer. However, I think until you're in a 'relationshiprelationship', you should be paying for your own food/film etc.
Reply 3
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I reckon the person who suggests the first date should be the one paying for it.

agreed
Reply 4
Isn't that sexist lol? What if the female asked the male out? It should either be whoever invited the other to the place, or they should pay equally.
Reply 5
Original post by 506rl
Isn't that sexist lol? What if the female asked the male out? It should either be whoever invited the other to the place, or they should pay equally.

was just copying the other thread :tongue: #jimmyrustling

I agree with you btw
Guys should pay everything for at least the first couple of months of dating if not longer. Coming from a guy
Reply 7
Original post by a96clark
Guys should pay everything for at least the first couple of months of dating if not longer. Coming from a guy

why? :smile:
not this again
Yeh but feminism says men and women are equal
Original post by Lisagurlxx
why? :smile:

Its just a nice thing to do :smile: if the aim of going on a date is to get her to like you, being polite and kind is probably the best way To play things
Original post by a96clark
Its just a nice thing to do :smile: if the aim of going on a date is to get her to like you, being polite and kind is probably the best way To play things

If your plan is to get her to like you by spending money then I know a massage parlour in Nottingham that you would love.
Reply 12
I agree. Saves me the hassle having to vet her for being relationship material.
By "whoever suggests the date" you mean the man.Come on people, forget pc bull**** and lets just be honest about what we want from the opposite sex.
Happy to pay for the girl but if she doesn't offer then there's no second date. She can offer and I will most likely refuse unless she's really stubborn...
Reply 15
surely the one whose most able to pay should pay:s-smilie:
Don't go on dates that require money.

Free love

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont think a girl should ever ever ask a guy on a date. That beyond embarrassing.
Reply 18
If I pay on the first date, damn right there isn't going to be a second date.
Original post by dani t
surely the one whose most able to pay should pay:s-smilie:

So that's mostly women if you're talking about young people, since young women make more money than young men.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending