The Student Room Group

Is he messing me about?

Right, during the summer holiday, I met this lad; I found out he fancied me and we got along great...I started having feelings for him too so we started dating. We dated for about 1 months around August, I loved being around him and liked his company but suddenly he became clingy and being sexual around me, I felt I wasn't ready for a relationship and broke it up and wanted to be friends. He was gutted.;no;, kept texting and emailing if I wanted to get back with him...then we had abit of an arguement.;catfight;

After that, we didn't talk for ages... but then again we were busy and had other things in mind.

Suddenly, about two weeks ago, he started contacting me, he begged me to go out with him again and told me how much he misses me and that he wanted to meet me on Friday. I accepted and we arranged to meet on Friday... the day comes, he told me he's busy with lots of university work and because he also does lots of part-time work he couldn't make it on the weekend. I was alright with it because work is important. But that night he told me that he'll never cancel because of any other reason because he likes me soo much (apparently) And wanted to meet on Wednesday...

This Wednesday comes... he forgotten about meeting me and also was busy watching Football. I gave up and told him' you seem too busy to have any time on your time for me'

He replied saying ' No noooo, I really like you and want to be with you;I'm really sorry! But I'll def see you on Friday'

Yes, I accepted and thought this is the last time. I texted him again yesterday, if he's up for meeting today (friday)...:rolleyes:

he replied by text really early in the morning preferably drunk saying :

' Hi, I've just came back from the band night. For tomorrow, I feel really bad for cancelling because I don't have any money on me. I feel awful because I want to be with you.... I want to see you on TUESDAY! I feel really terrible already that I can't see you til Tuesday and thats when I get the money from work! :-( I'm sooo sorry...';sorry;

I havn't replied yet because I felt gutted that I'm not seeing him later today and I feel like giving up because he keeps cancelling. Also he doesn't live far from me ( just about 30 mins). The thing is we were planning to go for a drink and just have a talk. And what confuses me is he doesn't have the money :confused: I don't have much money either but I still want to see him and perhaps go for a walk as it's not costly at all....:frown:

Sorry for the long rant...:frown: I just feel that I'm waiting around for him too long when he keep cancelling.

Do you think he's messing me around? And other advices and thoughts would be helpful...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did he stand you up?

If so, don't ever go there again. He's had his chance(s).
Reply 2
i think he is.. maybe give him a taste of his own medicine and not turn up on tuesday...
Reply 3
there's only so many times he can call it off..
Reply 4
thats pretty bad, make other plans for tuesday, and go past where he wants to meet up, if he is there then you can meet with him , if he isn't then your day isn't wasted.
Reply 5
floss
i think he is.. maybe give him a taste of his own medicine and not turn up on tuesday...

Now that's just childish. If I were in your shoes I would call and say you're not interested as he's had enough chances. Why should you wait around for someone?
Reply 6
well okay, he seems sorry but :wtf?: is his problem, to tell you the truth i think he is messing you about but try this thuesday and if he doesnt show up tell his that this is getting silly, because it does seem like that
Reply 7
BlackHawk
Did he stand you up?

If so, don't ever go there again. He's had his chance(s).

Well he doesn't seem to ask to in order to make sure were meeting up when he arranged it...

It's always me texting him and asking, it just seems like he's not interested. :frown: I even asked him to be honest with me if he really wants to go out with me or not. I was like ' Answer yes or no, do you really like me and want to meet me? I want an honest answer so I can just get on with my life and not wait for a long time for you....'
he replied saying ' Course I still like you! I'm sorry for cancelling but I def want to see you!'

I'll be harsh with Tuesday and tell him it's the last time.

What do you all think?
Reply 8
Anonymous
Well he doesn't seem to ask to in order to make sure were meeting up when he arranged it...

It's always me texting him and asking, it just seems like he's not interested. :frown: I even asked him to be honest with me if he really wants to go out with me or not. I was like ' Answer yes or no, do you really like me and want to meet me? I want an honest answer so I can just get on with my life and not wait for a long time for you....'
he replied saying ' Course I still like you! I'm sorry for cancelling but I def want to see you!'

I'll be harsh with Tuesday and tell him it's the last time.

What do you all think?

Soz, I didn't make sense at the start.. i'm feeling abit gutted at the mo cos I really like him.

I meant ' he doesn't seem to make an effort in making sure were meeting up the next day*'
Reply 9
I think I know why he's keeping me waiting... perhaps he's jealous of my lad friend I talk to alot and go out with a few times... And maybe he's trying to occupy my time so I don't see my lad friend much :s-smilie: .

:dontknow:

Any more good advices?
I wouldn't wait around for any guy. If he really liked you then he'd make the effort.
Maybe he is messing you around because of when you broke it off with him, but still he should not do that to you regardless, just tell him like the others said you've had your chance etc.
Reply 12
floss

kinda yea (even though he wont turn up and it wont make a difference).
From experience yes, he is trying to do to you what you do to him :frown: sucks doesnt it. :frown:
Anonymous
From experience yes, he is trying to do to you what you do to him :frown: sucks doesnt it. :frown:

what the heck has the OP done to him?
Reply 15
Anonymous

I didn't do anything much to him! I still had feelings for him before and told him how I felt about him being clingy and sexual on me... He wouldn'tstop because he stupidly couldn't help himself. So I wanted to remain friends...:frown:

He wouldn't accept that because ''apparently'' if he saw me again he would try to kiss me...So I stopped talking to him.

When he started contacting me, I thought he was over me... and that we would go out as friends. Found out he wanted to meet me in order to get me back but I believe he's messing me about.

I'm over that pathetic lad anyway.:rolleyes:
Dr_Evil_666
what the heck has the OP done to him?

She didnt want a relationship with him. So he is getting her back for it... well could be anyway thats what happened to me. I
said to a guy i didnt want to see him any more etc... then we became good friends again planned to meet up about 3/4 times each time he had an excuse before telling me he didnt want to meet up any more... f****r. He messed me about.
This may not be happening to the op... but to the op just becareful maybe have a little chat with him saying do you really wnat to see me etc and if he has an excuse next time maybe just call everything off.
Reply 17
Yeah I'm going to talk to him maybe have a little rant...if he's not avioding me haha. I think he'd found out I'm not having any of this because I've ignored all his texts.
Anonymous
Yeah I'm going to talk to him maybe have a little rant...if he's not avioding me haha. I think he'd found out I'm not having any of this because I've ignored all his texts.

good because you shouldnt let someone treat you like he has treated you... like all the sexual stuff and messing you around.
hope it all works out
Reply 19
OP, I'm in exactly the same situation as you are. If you want to talk about it, you can send me a PM - even if it's just to have a moan.

Latest

Trending

Trending