The Student Room Group

What to do if unsuccesful?

Basically Ive just recieved my 2nd rejection and still waiting 2 universities (post interview), so i want to prepare for the worst and make a plan B. I am on a gap year (first year applying though) and really do not want to waste another year applying, anyone been in the same situation and got any advice?
What have you applied for?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
What have you applied for?

Medicine, if you mean universities Ive applied for Leeds(rejected post interview) St georges (rejected post interview) Manchester and Leicester.
Original post by Rishy
Basically Ive just recieved my 2nd rejection and still waiting 2 universities (post interview), so i want to prepare for the worst and make a plan B. I am on a gap year (first year applying though) and really do not want to waste another year applying, anyone been in the same situation and got any advice?

Firstly wait to hear from the last two.
Did Leeds or St George's give you any feedback?

I don't think you would be wasting a year if you reapplied. I'm sure this year has taught you a lot about the application process. How have you spent your gap year?

Think of it this way, taking another gap year would be quicker and cheaper than trying to do grad medicine.
Reply 4
Thats true, but I dont know if wasting another year on a half chance for medicine is worth it. Im looking at universities abroad and maybe even a different career choice :P I appreciate your advice, I just hope I dont need this plan B.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending