The Student Room Group

Unsure about what uni course to pick?...

Never wrote one of these before so i'll just get straight into it:smile:
I currently study Media Production Level 3 BTEC and applied for uni:smile: Thing is, i'm torn between two uni's. My dream i guess is to become a professional TV or Film editor. So that being said, i've got an unconditional offer for Salford Uni for TV and Radio, and a conditional offer for Film and Television at Edge Hill and i'm well and truly torn. (another important note, i live in manchester/salford and i absolutely do not want to move out for uni, not one bit)
So i need some advice :')
Edge hill generally has the better course, and i love the campus. However it means i'd have to drive half an hour there and back every day.
Salford is much easier to get to and from, however no film aspect in the course:/
So its like, if i go to edge hill i will get what i want from the course, however it'll be much harder to bond with people as i live in manchester and not moving into halls. But if i go salford, its easier to get to and from and i'll be very close to the student halls anyway. However doesn't have any film aspect, i didn't like the media city campus really either.
I just need any advice really:') Thanks!:smile:
Hello!

I had a similar dilemma. I'm from Carlisle and the University of Cumbria has a great course which I loved the sound of, however, I wanted to move away from home and Edge Hill sounded/is the perfect campus for me (hence why I've been to two open days and an applicant day because I just can put get enough)! Although I loved the course at University of Cumbria, I chosen to study a similar course and chose the location over the course. However, in your case.. I would recommend choosing Edge Hill as it sounds as though it offers everything you want! If you're with people who you like and are familiar with, they are what makes the experience at University I think! In addition, 1/2 an hour is nothing compared to some so even if you wanted to travel.. you'd 100% make friends and bond with people no doubt it! I've kind of contradicted myself there but oh well. I'm not at a student at Edge Hill, I'm just a huge fan of the place haha!

Hope that helps 😊

Emily x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending