The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Are you still doing your A-Levels or are you a mature student / post-A-Level?

If you are still doing you A-Levels I gues you'll still get an offer as long as you get specidic grades / points.
But if you are post A-Level with all your qualifications and you don't meet the requirements then you may be rejected.

Still give it a go though if your situation is the latter. :smile:
Reply 2
I think there's a good chance they will make you an offer anyway. Last year my friend's UCAS points fell just below the typical offer points given on the university website and she got an offer (Dundee) and is loving it.
hey I wouldn't worry about it! lots of uni's don't use UCAS points, Edinburgh for example I know doesn't. They are more interested in your actual grades most of the time. good luck with your application though!
For non prestigious unis and less competitive courses, falling just short of the entry requirements shouldn't matter as long as your personal statement and reference are good, so don't worry.
don't worry - kellywood is right - i mean, there are friends of mine who fell short of the grades to a real competitive uni but she still made it without clearing. it all depends reallly, i mean, it seems that it aint that many points either --- ur chances are quite high of getting in :wink:
Reply 6
Yeah, there is hope! I screwed up and missed my offer by 120 points... and i made it in :smile:
Reply 7
i'd definitely give it a go provided the rest of your application (reference, PS - with sports science I guess extracurriculars are critical) is strong.

One of my friends got an offer from a competitive uni even tho' predicted less than the typical offer - they said her personal statement was really strong and couldn't understand why the school had given such a lukewarm reference. She ended up going somewhere less prestigious despite getting the grades because she believed the school's assessment of her abilities and didn't want to put herself under enormous pressure. So, whilst it's important to be realistic about your chances (you're not going to convert a D at AS into an A at A2 without resits), it is worth applying to some stretch unis.

Good luck
Reply 8
I have 260 A level Ucas points and I'm applying for a couple unis that ask for 280-300, I'm hoping they will consider me :s
Reply 9
That's pretty much the same as what i'm looking to get Highlander, i was just worried that some universities may reject me straight away after seeing my UCAS points score
Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. There are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my Mum or my Dad, or my older Brother Colin, or my younger Brother Ho-Cha-Chu.. But I think its Colin.

Thats a classic... Lol...
I needed AAB to study English at Leeds and I got 3 marks of AAA, but I could easily have missed the grades and I don't think they would've been sympathetic with me.
Reply 12
Oh Dear...
Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. There are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my Mum or my Dad, or my older Brother Colin, or my younger Brother Ho-Cha-Chu.. But I think its Colin.

Thats a classic... Lol...

Haha, cheers :biggrin: Can't remember who i quoted that from...

Latest

Trending

Trending