The Student Room Group

BA Social Work @ The UEA

So excited to of been offered a place at my 1st choice :smile: Had 4 interviews and was lucky to be offered a place at each, just need to decide on my insurance one now.. Anyone else thinking of The UEA ?:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I had my interview at uea today so praying I get accepted as this is my number 1 choice. How long did it take to hear from uea for you? How did you find their interview? :smile: x
Reply 2
It was my num 1 choice, thankfully only had to wait 5 days, as I was getting a bit obsessive with track! Interview was okay, very different from all the others I had been too as they were the selection days.. Knowing that I only had 45 minutes to make an impression was seriously daunting! Butt am massively relieved :smile:
Hopefully you will hear really soon x
Yeah that's brilliant, well done! I'm sitting here worrying now whether iv made it or not haha. I thought the interview wasn't too bad, I was just nervous and hope it didn't show too much! Anyway we will see :-) x
Reply 4
I was proper nervous too, spoke way to fast, then spent days analysing everything I had said and drove everyone mad around me lol.. Remember they obviously liked what there had previously read which is why they invited u for interview :smile: have you been to other interviews or was this your first??
Haha that's exactly how I am now! Iv ran through the questions and my answers so many times! Have to try and forget about it now until I hear! I had an interview for CCN too but that's just a small college and really wanted to experience university life. How about you? X
Reply 6
Yeah I had an interview at CCN, Anglia Ruskin and UCS Ipswich. Did u get offered CCN?.. I couldnt apply any further out as have a family etc. Fingers crossed u will hear soon, I had mine last Tues, so u are in the same boat I was in last week lol x
No CCN offered me the social care practice diploma and then top it up with 6 months for the social work degree but I don't fancy that route! The whole interview at CCN, the lady told us how terrible the course is and how we should do the diploma so I'm glad I won't be going there anyway. Did you get accepted there? Ohh the wait to find out is terrible isn't it haha. I'm local and don't wish to move away either so have put all my eggs in one basket with uea! X
Reply 8
yeah luckily I did get an offer but two of the others from my access course got offered the dipoloma like u. She didn't sell it at all did she, but am contemplating putting it down as my insurance choice! Well good luck and hopefully you will here soon x
Yes thankyou I shall let you know :-)
Reply 10
Cool will wait to hear :smile:
Reply 11
I've got my UEA interview for social work next week, anyone got any tips? It's my first choice and i'm so nervous! x
Reply 12
Good Luck, just be yourself and show why u want to be a social worker, they just want to meet the person behind the personal statement and reference. They will speak about you and the essay so make sure u remember what u wrote. Lots of luck.
I've just firmed UEA which was a fab feeling as it was my top choice too :smile:
Reply 13
Okay, thank you! I've been going over everything I can, just hoping my mind doesn't go blank on the day!
Reply 14
No worries, I was really nervous but they do try to relax you. You will be fine, have u applied anywhere else?. UEA was my last interview of 4! Good luck x
Reply 15
Yeah I applied to Bath, Bristol, Anglia Ruskin, Kent and of course UEA! Had three interviews so far, just feel more nervous about this one as I know its the place I want to go so badly, I hope the experience of the past ones will help me a bit and thank you!x
Reply 16
Yeah just take the experience of all the other interviews with u, you will be fine. Let us know how it goes take care :smile:
Reply 17
I hope so and thanks I will do!
Reply 18
Just had my interview, think it went well! Now just the wait! X
Reply 19
Fab, just the waiting game now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest