The Student Room Group

How do you get a one night stand after catching a girl's eye?

Like how aggressive do you have to be? I'm in my early 20s and have yet to sleep with a girl. I went out on Friday and danced with a girl and we were faving each other and bumping private parts.

I gotta say it felt really good. We danced a little and she was smiling but she left after mouthing something to me and spoke to some guy. This happens a lot to me. I can get attention and dance with girls easily but i can't progress further than that, due to not following girls.

Can somebody give any tips???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I suspect the decision shall be hers and no amount of 'aggressivness' on your part will influence the outcome.
Original post by Anonymous
Like how aggressive do you have to be? I'm in my early 20s and have yet to sleep with a girl. I went out on Friday and danced with a girl and we were faving each other and bumping private parts.

I gotta say it felt really good. We danced a little and she was smiling but she left after mouthing something to me and spoke to some guy. This happens a lot to me. I can get attention and dance with girls easily but i can't progress further than that, due to not following girls.

Its really easy to pull girls who already know you and know you're not a rapist psychopath.

Clubs are **** places to meet girls. Pubs and bars are 100 times more likely to lead to a satisfactory outcome.

and I would add - in a club, the worst place to meet a girl is on the dance floor. Much more effective is to chat to a girl away from the dance floor and then invite her to dance.
(edited 9 years ago)
You don't.
Unless she went to the club with the intention of going home with someone, I imagine no amount of persuasion on your part will change her mind.
OP it sounds like you have the potential but just aren't being aggressive enough.

Girls like a guy that takes charge and isn't afraid to make a move (we are socially conditioned otherwise and taught it's wrong to show your affections). If you can get to the make out stage, it's just a matter of physically escalating and isolating them from their friends, because cockblocks ( as you've mentioned in the OP) can ruin your chances. Get them to a place you can talk, flirt+escalate further and eventually leave the club with them.

If you want to talk just PM.

On another note though, I wouldn't advise loosing your virginity to a ONS.
Reply 6
Original post by cole-slaw
Its really easy to pull girls who already know you and know you're not a rapist psychopath.

Clubs are **** places to meet girls. Pubs and bars are 100 times more likely to lead to a satisfactory outcome.

and I would add - in a club, the worst place to meet a girl is on the dance floor. Much more effective is to chat to a girl away from the dance floor and then invite her to dance.

If i was one, would i be posting this?
If i was one, would i be posting this?

and you think the girls you meet in nightclubs will recognise you from your anonymous TSR posts and hence immediately come to this conclusion?
The use of the word "aggressive" in this context is very worrying.
Reply 9

1) probably you are not quite attractive enough to be prime ons material
2) be a bit less slaggy, so girls think you might be after just a bit more than a meaningless bonk

Just dancing can sometimes creep a girl out. If you do dance with some one ask them for a drink or a chat too. That makes you seem more approachable and with a friendly personality I am sure you will win some girls over :smile:
Original post by ParadiseFound
OP it sounds like you have the potential but just aren't being aggressive enough.

Girls like a guy that takes charge and isn't afraid to make a move (we are socially conditioned otherwise and taught it's wrong to show your affections). If you can get to the make out stage, it's just a matter of physically escalating and isolating them from their friends, because cockblocks ( as you've mentioned in the OP) can ruin your chances. Get them to a place you can talk, flirt+escalate further and eventually leave the club with them.

Are you male or female? Also i don't have other options, I'm not really worthy of a girlfriend. I've asked girls out in the past but they always say no or never show up when we arrange a date.

I haven't even gotten to the make out stage in years.
Original post by Zarek
1) probably you are not quite attractive enough to be prime ons material
2) be a bit less slaggy, so girls think you might be after just a bit more than a meaningless bonk

1) Maybe, maybe not. What are the characterisitcs of being suitable for one?
2) Lol less slaggy? What does that even mean?
Original post by InnerTemple
The use of the word "aggressive" in this context is very worrying.

You have to be aggressive if you wanna get anywhere in this life.
You have to be aggressive if you wanna get anywhere in this life.

No you don't.
Original post by ParadiseFound

Why?
No you don't.

Yeah you do when it comes to women.
You should have made a move on the girl you were dancing with. When you make eye contact whilst dancing just go for the kiss.
Yeah you do when it comes to women.

No you don't.
No you don't.

I agree with this, some what. You have to have a certain level of assertiveness but that doesnt mean you have to really go for the girl when doe doesnt want it.

Most of my ONS (not a fan of em, prefer an actual relationship), were actually a complete surprise. Girl who is a friend of a friend would come on to me randomly during the night, however during the day or before the night starts we just get acquainted but I dont really think much of her till she shows interest.

Not that hard. If you're confident, come across as a decent bloke, decent looking enough, and match her tastes then you're good to go.

If you're interested, show interest. If she returns the favour, proceed. If she doesn't, try once or twice more. If she still isn't showing interest then obviously she doesn't want you and being super aggressive is just going to push her away more.

Simple as.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending