The Student Room Group

Most Annoying things on FIFA

I love playing FIFA but on occasion it can really grind my gears. Some of the things I really hate:

The Crosser Tosser - The braindead moron who insists on crossing to his target man centre-forward at any opportunity. This tactic is almost impossible to defend against once that cross goes in.

Replay Watcher - self explanatory, but your 12 yard penalty really doesn't need to be seen 3 times. Scoring a penalty is practically the easiest thing you can do. Bonus douche points to the idiots who watch replays of fouls and wayward shots too

Johnny 1 Goal - Oh look, you scored a goal. And a pretty good goal at that. But now you're passing around your entire XI even though you've shown your capable to score past me. Get out.

Pausers - Christ, it's like 5 minutes a half, think of how annoying it is for the other player to sit there and wait because you're trying to shout down to your mum to make you your tea.

People that DON'T quit - Yep, people that don't quit bug the hell out of me. By this is mean not accepting a mutual quit when the game starts and is laggy as hell. Now I have to suffer through an entire match on this shoestring broadband because some dingus from across the world is an idiot.

75 Minute Dickheads - This is the player that is winning by one goal, and on 75 minutes (can happen earlier) will stick to the sidelines therefore meaning any tackle will 99% result in a throwing, corner or goal kick in their favour. Not only does this effectively see the win out for them, it's also incredibly time consuming. Dickheads.

Mis-matched Teams - This is an issue on EA's part, but the amount of times I've been a 4* team matched with 4.5* teams, usually Liverpool, is unbelievable. Through the law of averages I should expect to play against a team half a star worse off than me. Nope. Guess God must hate me that way.

Reply 1
Why are QPR a 4 star team, always matched against Lyon...should be around 3 star.

Pausing is alright to change formation or make a sub?
And that's just online.
When someone picks my bogey team, like Ivory Coast in 2010 World Cup with Drogba ploughing through everyone.

To be fair, I think everyone else was more annoyed when my Qatar side blitzed their Spain/Argentina/Netherlands etc. 6-0 before they rage quit. Which actually happened 90% of the time, it was amazing. Can't beat them with Spain or England, but can destroy everyone with a crap side.
Reply 4
Me: 19 shots. 10 on target. 1 goal.

Opponent: 2 shots. 1 on target. 2 goals.

I was prepared to set an orphanage ablaze to satisfy my built up frustration.
Reply 5
Obvious thing now is the market place now EA have enforced price restrictions. Think it needs a complete overhaul... buying coins is bad, but its virtually impossible to legitimately get some players!
Reply 6
Pace-whores and skillers. AKA anyone who uses a Brazilian team.
Reply 7
People that play Ibarbo.

People that use stat cards.

People that shh you. (Although it usually pisses me off so much I go on and score, shh'ing them back)

Skillers. I hate them. A few skills here and there but no need to bloody triple elastico or flipflap every 5 seconds

Pace whores. Aka anyone that uses Biabiany

The transfer market absolutely sucks. Always kicks me out

"we cannot connect to the FIFA servers"

"FUT is experiencing high server traffic" (wtf EA. Sort your game out.)

And most of all... People that watch the entire pre-game montage/clip/footage (whatever you want to call it). My God there is nothing more tedious

Yah I play Ultimate Team so that's all I can relate to
Reply 8
Original post by TornadoGR4

[*]Mis-matched Teams - This is an issue on EA's part, but the amount of times I've been a 4* team matched with 4.5* teams, usually Liverpool, is unbelievable. Through the law of averages I should expect to play against a team half a star worse off than me. Nope. Guess God must hate me that way.

It's nearly always Milan for me, when I'm playing as Villa. And they're always in their home kit. Claret & blue and red & black are bloody hard to tell apart.
The introduction of price ranges. Christ, they're so annoying. Basically killed the FUT market.

Quick Reply

Latest