The Student Room Group

Gay relationship worries, advice needed

Hi all,

Not the first time I've posted here but doing this anonymously for obvious reasons!

I met this guy when I was back home from uni over Christmas and we hit it off right away, he invited me over for dinner and we spent a lot of time together. This past weekend, he (drunkenly :s-smilie:) started telling me about his ex-boyfriend and why he isn't ready to commit to anything at the moment. However, he knows exactly how I still feel and he also said he feels the same way a few times.

I really like this guy but I'm worried I'm barking up the wrong tree and that I'm being strung along. Like, we text everyday and facetime etc. Then when I go home, I always go and stay at his (has been multiple times now). It's nice though because sometimes when I go over, we'll just cuddle and go to bed but other times, we will sleep together - you get the gist of it. One thing I know for sure is that I'm not just another shag.

What do you guys think? Am I wasting my time? I've never felt like this about anyone before so I'm obviously a little up tight about it.

Thanks in advance all!!
What I would say is that there seem to be elements of his behaviour that suggests he does have some romantic feelings for you - the cuddling and dinner and such. But, as you point out, you don't want to waste your time. Maybe bring it up, not over text, but I would say over FaceTime or in person, because then you can judge his reaction better. It's important that you know where you are, so I'd just go ahead and ask him. If he says he's not sure how he feels, at least he's being honest and is prepared to talk about it. Go with your gut feeling, and I hope it works out :smile:
Reply 2
Sounds like he is romantically interested in you, but doesn't want to commit.

Proceed with caution, do not do anything without thinking it through, and do not do anything you might later regret.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending