The Student Room Group

No means no but now yes also means no?

Scroll to see replies

Also if two parties are drunk who is the rapist? I've always been curious about this?
Original post by skd1996
Completely agree with this

Again, agree with this.

If you look uncomfortable the person should check you are ok and still want to. It doesn't matter if it's your first or thirtieth time.

Yeah but if guys didnt have sex with people who didn't look comfortable then people like myself would forever be virgins. despite giving consent and that's just not fair.
Original post by skd1996
If she's given consent and means it then that's fine. But if she's not comfortable and doesn't want sex then you don't do it no matter how much you don't want to be a virgin.

What?

No honestly i really don't like how you're saying people especially women should all react the same way to a specific situation. Physically I'd probably not be that comfortable but that's not the point. I would rather a guy take my consent as it is then try to make the decision for me. People act differently and we're not all the same. You can speak for yourself though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Josb
So, can you also be too drunk to rape?

Do you think you can be too drunk to be guilty of GBH?
Justadude, it is honestly possible to have sex for the first time without causing the girl pain. It also possible for a couple to communicate during sex. The bloke doesn't have to stop without asking or presume consent is continued despite her visible discomfort because she said yes three minutes ago.

If your sexual partner is in visible discomfort, you stop.
Source: successfully had sex and lots of it over exceedingly long-term relationship.
I'm not saying all women should act the same way at all? I'm saying there should always be consent actually.

Original post by Justadude14
What?

No honestly i really don't like how you're saying people especially women should all react the same way to a specific situation. Physically I'd probably not be that comfortable but that's not the point. I would rather a guy take my consent as it is then try to make the decision for me. People act differently and we're not all the same. You can speak for yourself though.
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Justadude, it is honestly possible to have sex for the first time without causing the girl pain. It also possible for a couple to communicate during sex. The bloke doesn't have to stop without asking or presume consent is continued despite her visible discomfort because she said yes three minutes ago.

If your sexual partner is in visible discomfort, you stop.
Source: successfully had sex and lots of it over exceedingly long-term relationship.

Yeah I'm not into girls. I was talking about myself.
That's you. Not every person is like this. I am way more sensitive. That doesn't mean my consent should be discredited.
Original post by skd1996
I'm not saying all women should act the same way at all? I'm saying there should always be consent actually.

Yeah it should always be consent. And that consent shouldn't be discredited simply because someone thought they were uncomfortable if that's what they want to do no one should make that decision besides them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by william walker
Is it the same of it is the same sex or a women raping a man?

There is no 'man' in 'feminism'.
Yeah it should always be consent. And that consent shouldn't be discredited simply because someone thought they were uncomfortable.

Like someone stated before, you don't need to stop but you should at least communicate and talk if they look uncomfortable to at least check they are ok.
Original post by skd1996
Like someone stated before, you don't need to stop but you should at least communicate and talk if they look uncomfortable to at least check they are ok.

Well that's better. I was only addressing what you said about if a person is uncomfortable its a no.
Original post by cant_think_of_name
1. Anyone under 16 cannot consent.

Not actually true. A person under 16 can consent, but in order for it not to amount to an offence the accused must have had a reasonable belief that the other party was 16 or over, or have been under 18 themselves.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah I'm not into girls. I was talking about myself.
That's you. Not every person is like this. I am way more sensitive. That doesn't mean my consent should be discredited.
You keep saying, "that's you"... But you haven't had sex? I know you were talkimg about yourself, I just assumed you were a girl. My bad.

No-one is talking about leaving virgins frustrated on the bed unable to ever find a partner who is willing to physically consummate their love, okay? Or refusing to have sex with anyone, despite their desperate pleas. We're saying that you should always check when someone looks pained*.

And everything I said also applies to anal penetration, by the way.

*exceptions being mutually-agreed pain-games.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by skd1996
By that I mainly meant if someone is so uncomfortable it is causing them physical pain or if they are just too shy to say no

What if it's what THEY want though? You act like people are children who can't make decisions for themselves. Or don't know they can say no when they want to this is a concept taught to most very young
Yeah but if guys didnt have sex with people who didn't look comfortable then people like myself would forever be virgins. despite giving consent and that's just not fair.

so what you're saying is, you'd rather be a rapist than a virgin?
You keep saying, "that's you"...

No-one is talking about leaving virgins frustrated on the bed unable to ever find a partner who is willing to physically consummate their love, okay? Or refusing to have sex with anyone, despite their desperate pleas. We're saying that you should always check when someone looks pained*.

And everything I said also applies to anal penetration, by the way.

*exceptions being mutually-agreed pain-games.

Yeah I agree mostly with your posts though.

I was saying that's you because all the time I get girls who say that. But that doesn't change my reality. It just gets annoying. Not everyone has a durable p*ssy. Mine is obviously more sensitive that doesn't mean I can't consent.

Otherwise I agree that's the polite thing to do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cole-slaw
so what you're saying is, you'd rather be a rapist than a virgin?

I'd never rape a guy but the thought seems pretty comical since im petit.
Original post by an_atheist
first 2 are just wrong, the rest seem like common sense.

I would hope everything is common sense. But alas, the fact that there is a thread like this suggests that is not the case...
Yeah, STIs like HIV certainly don't impact on anyone's life expectancy, do they?

If you feel the AoC should be lowered, what is your rational evidence for it? What will you lower with it? Presumably most things?

Why do you feel the average 13 year old is capable enough to consent?

kids can get all kinds of diseases out there in the real world - don't try and act like sex is the only way they can get them. and my rational evidence for it being lowered? what are you talking about? firstly, there's evidence of the fact that girls start at about 12 and guys start at about 14, so therefore, the average would be 13 - there you go. and I feel that anybody can consent so long as they have at least fundamentally started puberty, because with puberty comes those sexual feelings.
I started puberty at 6 going on 7 I know girls who started puberty at 5 mental capacity has nothing to do with this. It actually just makes matters worst. Because everyone wants to see you as an adult but you can't keep up because you're just a little kid.

I'm not talking about you, or people like you, I'm talking about "most people". and most people start roughly at 13.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending