The Student Room Group

Zoology / animal science / Marin biology after university

Hello,

I am 21 this year and hoping to study zoology at Cardiff university in September!

I've been absolutely animal obsessed since a child but always made the wrong academic choices and then hate life and go back on myself but always end up lost.

In technical terms I've done a computer science based degree and on my second year but never go I can't stand it! I've been accepted to transfer onto zoology next September as long as I pay £9000 fees for my first year which I've been working my absolute ass off for!!

I did work experience much younger in animal based settings as first I thought I wanted to be a vet but didn't have the subjects and didn't think I could get grade A's at all the a level sciences! So I was settling for veterinary nursing as it's a nice job but I know I want to be independent with a good wage something wasn't settling with me...

Years on I'm now turning 21 and never considered zoology I found it as I thought what is it I like most about animals and if I'm honest it's observing, learning and researching that's what I spend most of my time doing so zoology seems to fit the shoe. Obviously I've researched a lot for a long time about this now.

What are the most common job prospects for this kind of degree? (I have done research but I'd like to hear from others) and any tips for me regarding my situation?

Many thanks who took the time to read and reply, I'm very grateful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending