The Student Room Group
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

UWS - AYR? whats it like?

Just got an unconditional for Broadcast production Year 3.

I was just wondering what the accommodation is like?
I live in Glasgow so I could commute but i think id rather live in halls.

And is anyone else done the course? on the course? would be good to hear from current students before I decide to go.

:smile:
uws? :s-smilie: Good luck. If I was you I'd try to get more details about uws as you might not fit in. Do you like to use your brain?

If all you want is a degree, a piece of paper to hang on the wall then this place is ideal for you. You won't bother at all, group work is a joke, lecturers are socially awkward, you WILL experience hostility if you try to engage with lecturers outside classroom, like if you knock on their office's door or ask a question related with your course when you meet any of them in the corridors. An absolute joke this uni. The relevance of the materials offered is as low as newspaper articles from the Scottish Sun and the Daily Record (these are Scottish tabloids by the way). As a matter of fact these are common references on the "lectures". A lecture is a powerpoint slideshow where the lecturer reads through about nothing or about potatoes and facebook and celebrities. All what 90% of the students want when they attend a lecture is to sign the register as attendance is basically the only criteria for you to get your degree.

Intellectual stimulus and challenging attitudes? If this is you or if you are looking for this, then look elsewhere. This uni is a perfect business model on how to make money from fees from idiots like me and thousands that fall for the fantastic corporate marketing policies they have. You WILL feel deceived if you come here. All these people want is to make money from thousands of undergraduate (remember £1820 per head per year given to this place by SAAS not to mention the RUK and the International students who pay 5 times more - from their own pockets) and postgradute students.

If you want to learn skills to survive outside after graduating go elsewhere. You have been warned. Good luck :smile:
Ayr Campus
University of the West of Scotland

Quick Reply

Latest