The Student Room Group

Why isn't the friendzone an issue for girls as well?

Scroll to see replies

My friend, its me who is friendzoning the women...not the other way round' :biggrin:
Original post by Ezisola
No; desperate implies they want it but can't easily get it. It doesn't imply the level of desire alone but the level of desire against supply.

If only I had ever met females in their early 20s eh.

But use some basic logic, if the level of demand is the same for both sexes, then the level of supply is the same for both sexes.

Both sexes can get sex just as easily as each other. For every girl that goes out and gets laid, a guy goes out and gets laid.
Women do get friend zoned but not many
Original post by jazjazjazjaz
You've literally just started this thread because you want to insult women, act like a total misogynistic arse, add to the general sexism women face everyday...

AND YOU'RE WONDERING WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE REJECTED BY WOMEN.

Lol don't get too emotional it's not everyday
Because women are, by definition, the gender who can pick and choose who they want in men. Women have far more to lose if a relationship goes sour when a child is involved and are biologically inclined to choose mates more carefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because the friendzone is like the Emperor's New Clothes. Guys believe in it because all the other guys say it exists. Girls don't believe in it because they can see perfectly well that it doesn't.

As mentioned above in this thread, all that actually exists is a sense of misplaced entitlement on the part of men (I was nice to her, so she should reward me with sex). But 'the friendzone' sounds so much more palateable doesn't it, and more in keeping with the 'nice guy' image that they tell themselves is the reality.
Reply 45
Perhaps it is the lack of a sense of entitlement on the part of women that is the key difference, as a few posters have pointed out. Some men talk about being placed 'in the friendzone'; most women would talk about that guy they really fancied turning out not to be interested in them/failing to respond to their advances, and how they're sad about it - then they move on to someone else.
A woman can friend zone a guy, even a good looking guy and that's that.

I have girls who I have friend zoned, and they're attractive. I would still sleep with them though. That's the difference.

When I say I'd sleep with them, I mean I could, not that I would. As in, if she offered and I was committed or maybe not feeling i t- I would not. Yet if it had been a while, or I was hammered, I'd maybe consider it.
So this is what it's like for you plebians to not have a membership card at the Athenium and thus nothing to make yourself attractive to the opposite sex. I'd almost feel sorry for you if it wasn't for the fact that I'm smarter than you, more handsome than you, I can trace my lineage back to Queen Anne... oh, and I'm disgustingly, disgustingly rich.
Original post by SerenityNow
It seems like 99% of the time it's guys who are being friendzoned. And don't give me the ''women just curl up on the couch while crying, eating ice cream and watching The Notebook'' bs. Are you ****ing kidding me? Women complain about anything and everything all day every day, they don't keep anything in. If you've ever watched a nature documentary whether it was lions, walruses, gorillas, hippos or any other social mammal you'll know why.

idk why I'm even bothering replying to a troll but:

women still get "friendzoned"
they are just less likely to refer to it as such

maybe one day we will be free of the cry of "wahhhh I've been friendzoned" from the legions of entitled losers, but I'm not holding my breath.
OK so why are the men desperate but not the women?

Because sex with men is unsatisfying. It's not like we're really missing out on much...
Reply 50
Original post by UltimatGentleman
Because women like jerks. I never get anything, for all my gentlemanly demeanor, my ability to wear a trilby with style and my IQ of over 130. They would rather go for some hatless wonder.

I do not understand this generalised misconception that women like jerks?!?
I don't like jerks! They annoy me to no end!
OK so why are the men desperate but not the women?

You need to read about how women's reproduction organs peak around age 30 and drop past then.
Because women like jerks. I never get anything, for all my gentlemanly demeanor, my ability to wear a trilby with style and my IQ of over 130. They would rather go for some hatless wonder.

Nonsense. I am by far one of the most stylish individuals in this city.

I have fine facial hair and an intelligent face.

I'm really surprised no one got these references.
Fedora/neckbeard memes.... google it.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/093/2/c/nice_guy_magazine__school_project__by_inconceivablenotions-d7cwrzk.png
Original post by bittr n swt
Women do get friend zoned but not many

Lol don't get too emotional it's not everyday

I see sexism/gender inequality every day.
Women are too proud to use such a term as 'friendzone'.
How am I misogynistic? I am simply asking why women (like females in every other species in the known universe) are far more selective than men?

Because biology (gestation period, childbirth, risk of death) and because society (puritanical attitudes to women and sex, slut-shaming).
Reply 56
Women - even the ugs - tend to hold out for the best possible, even when it's totally unrealistic.

Men generally go with the first they find who meets their minimum threshold.
Original post by Ronove
Perhaps it is the lack of a sense of entitlement on the part of women that is the key difference, as a few posters have pointed out. Some men talk about being placed 'in the friendzone'; most women would talk about that guy they really fancied turning out not to be interested in them/failing to respond to their advances, and how they're sad about it - then they move on to someone else.

Lack of entitlement in western women? Haha! Go to every dating site and see how obese 45yo part time working 5' single mothers only want 6 footers with perfect hair and 12% body fat who own their house and make 4 times more money than themselves. ''Where have all the good men gone?''... when's the last time you heard ''where have all the good women gone?''? Never? Ever read the threads on here? Girls complain that they're virgins because all the guys who asked them out weren't attractive, with guys it's because no girl ever has said yes. Girls think just because they are being fz by the top 10% guys they are attracted to their problems are the same. For every guy fz a chick(that doesn't look like the elephant man) there are 100 girls fz guys. I'm not talking about absolutes, but about the vast majority of cases. In basically every species the female is far, far more picky. Women aren't entitled, you're havin a larf mate!

Watch this **** and see how women control the **** supply. Their male ''friends'' would split them in half given the tiniest of opportunities. It's unreal how most girls have no idea that most of their guy friends would be on top of them in a second if she allowed it.
Original post by Clip
Women - even the ugs - tend to hold out for the best possible, even when it's totally unrealistic.

Men generally go with the first they find who meets their minimum threshold.

This. I remember a study that presented a potential partner who fit 80% of their perfect mate criteria and asked if they'd go with him/her. Almost no women said yes while almost all men said yes, many saying they didn't think such a high score would be possible!
But there are equal numbers of men and women. So what creates this completely unbalanced market?

A combination of instinct (men may genuinely be hornier than women) and social conditioning (women seek stability and protection to rear their young, men seek a receptacle for their semen). Women also have a fixed amounts of eggs and a fixed amount of time in which they can reproduce before menopause and must also be pregnant for 9 months with a child who's completely defenseless for 1-2 years (until they can walk and eat normal food). Men have none of these problems, they can deposit functioning sperm well into their old age and can father children to multiple mates at any one time when not constrained by social norms.

In simple terms, young women value relationships while young men value an emotionless sexual experience. Once we get to the age of 30 things switch around as men desire relationships just as much but have the advantage of wealth, power and the ability to provide for their progeny. This gives the advantage to men provided they seek a mate who is not a slut.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending