The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got a B in the higher tier, and i'm just about grasping C1. D1 and C2 are ok (so far), but i'm not expecting to get an A grade at AS Level, hopefully a B. It's quite a difficult subject but i love it even though i'm not getting an A but i think by studying hard i can achieve a B (fingers crossed)

Do Mathematics!!!!
Excalibur
Unfortunately probability makes up a fair chunk of S1, the rest of it basically being probability distributions (normal, binomial). But it's not too bad...

Pfft...Edexcel :p: Normal Distribution isn't until S2 on OCR :biggrin:
calcium878
Pfft...Edexcel :p: Normal Distribution isn't until S2 on OCR :biggrin:

:bawling: Why do our school always end up doing the crappy exam boads?
Excalibur
:bawling: Why do our school always end up doing the crappy exam boads?

Aww :p:
I think my college knows to shy away from Edexcel - I think we only sit GS and Politics with them :cool:
Reply 24
There seems to be a very big split: those who think that you can do well if you are willing to work hard, and those who think it's hard anyway regardless of GCSE grades and it's really a matter of luck :confused:

I think i'll go for the first, since i like maths :biggrin:

Edit: Sorry, that sounded so stupid..... :redface:
Bexiness!
There seems to be a very big split: those who think that you can do well if you are willing to work hard, and those who think it's hard anyway regardless of GCSE grades and it's really a matter of luck :confused:

I think i'll go for the first, since i like maths :biggrin:

Edit: Sorry, that sounded so stupid..... :redface:

You have a point. Also I agree with you there.:smile:
Reply 26
in my opinion i found it easier than gcse, and much more interesting

What's differnt about it? I find some parts of maths quite confusing as I moved from the intermediate to the higher set in year ten and was always just a bit behind...

But recently, I've found it to be one of my best lessons and I've finally worked out how to complete the sqaure. I think.

I was thinking about taking it... I might be mad as it's something I've found hard before, but I know I'll enjoy it more if I do other subjects like English ect to balance my day out. My mix-match days (like today: chemistry, English, maths, art..) are the best.

Althgouh I hate graphs and graphs with X and Y etc. That might be a problem.
shirley7
I've heard that Maths is unsuprisingly one of the most respected A-levels by Uni's. I got a C in Maths at GCSE. I took the higher paper. Do you think that I would find AS Maths to difficult having only got a C?

With sheer effort and determination, i believe you can do well in it. Hope you do well mate. Best of Luck.:smile:
AisAis
But recently, I've found it to be one of my best lessons and I've finally worked out how to complete the sqaure. I think.

:p: Just like me! We finished the syllabus by the second week in year 11 but it took until November for Completing the Square to click for me! :biggrin:
Reply 29
I got a C in GCSE Maths because but i was 12 marks away from a B (I always mention this). It was because i messed around with the Coursework. I decided to do Maths privately. Since i started on November I decided to do to two unit exams. That way i have longer to prepare. I have a teacher who is helping me and a friend who LOVES maths. Hopefully I'll get enough to get me into an Aerospace course.
hehe 12 marks in GCSE is quite a few marks lol, but yeah good luck and you are onreally early
Reply 31
I still don't understand though how i got a C and was so close to a B. I thought i was bad at Maths i thought i would get a low C at best.
oh i see, well at least you got what you needed. i go ta B at GCSE and manages an A after teachers said it was impossible fo rsomeone like me. just work hard at it and maths at a-level is all practice. goo dluck
Reply 33
Another thing that makes me want to do it, is when I look at the calculator I think I'd really love to know what all the symbols ect mean. Surely they're there for something other than writing rude words? I think back to year ten when I thought the same about the Sin, Cos and Tan buttons, and wonder how I coped not knowing, as I do now.
that all you need really lol the trig buttons
AisAis
Another thing that makes me want to do it, is when I look at the calculator I think I'd really love to know what all the symbols ect mean. Surely they're there for something other than writing rude words? I think back to year ten when I thought the same about the Sin, Cos and Tan buttons, and wonder how I coped not knowing, as I do now.

Trust me, you really don't want to know what log, ln, nCr, x! etc stands for. :s-smilie: :p:
Reply 36
/\

I do!

Isn't the log something to do with comleting the sqaure?

*Is in awe*
Nope :p:
Reply 38
you should find as maths is possible with hard work, but a2 maths takes more skill, mechanics is the hardest applied option so avoid this.
AisAis
/\

I do!

Isn't the log something to do with comleting the sqaure?

*Is in awe*

no it really doesnt have anything to do with it, i hate LOGS and everything about it lol !!!

Latest

Trending

Trending