The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Newnham College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Thought I should start a Newnham thread, especially as I've got my interview coming up on the 7th of December and I might meet some of you there!

So yeah, just add your name and what you're applying for here.

I'm Catherine and I'm applying for BioNatSci:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have applied to Newnham Nat Sci Bio!! But I am applying from India. My counsellor spoke to Newnham college and they say that they do not have a policy of calling international students all the way for a 2 hour interview. They also said that in regards to my application they have everything they require. They are supposed to send me a decision in a week! I really wanted to come tto cam for the interview!! And I dont know how it is they are going to give me a decision in a week considering your interview is on the 7th! Strange!!
Shruti
Dhirubhai Ambani International School
Mumbai, India
IBD
Eng HL- 6
Math HL -7
Bio HL-7
French Ab-7
Chem SL-7
Hist SL-7
Applying to Newnham COllege Natural Sciences Biological
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Yay another Newnham person! Huzzah.

Are we the only ones? I hope not...
Reply 3
No, you're not the only ones - interview on the 6th, for English!
Reply 4
Hello Newnham interviewees! I'm so glad you've applied to Newnham, it's a great college!

I'm hopefully going to be a sheepdog for the interviews this year, so perhaps I'll meet some of you there - I'll be on hand for biscuits and tea and general help and chatting, as well as helping you get around the place.

Ooh, it's almost interview time - excitement! Hope you're looking forward to them! :biggrin:

How are you all getting on?

Bryllyg, your happy Engling Sheepdog, x
Reply 5
Hello

I am a Newnham applicant. I am apply for medicine. I still dont have an interview.
Reply 6
Hello! Great to find another Newnham applicant! Remember there will be a lot of paperwork flying around in the Admissions Office! Don't worry...and good luck!
Reply 7
hey no fair!! i dont get an interview cos im an international student!! newnham has some policy apprently.. and they claim it doesnt affect my chances.. in fact.. they claim that they will send me a decision this week!!! they said 1 week-10days on tuesday!! so im scared..
Reply 8
Good luck! :smile:

(And re: interview dates & times: last week the admissions office was still putting the letters together, so just have patience! They're going as fast as they can!)
Bryllyg
Hello Newnham interviewees! I'm so glad you've applied to Newnham, it's a great college!

I'm hopefully going to be a sheepdog for the interviews this year, so perhaps I'll meet some of you there - I'll be on hand for biscuits and tea and general help and chatting, as well as helping you get around the place.

Ooh, it's almost interview time - excitement! Hope you're looking forward to them! :biggrin:

How are you all getting on?

Bryllyg, your happy Engling Sheepdog, x

Yay, I love the idea of the sheepdog. And isn't there a mother system thingy if you go?
Reply 10
hey
I'm applying for medicine at newnham
How's everyone doing?
Reply 11
Yay, I love the idea of the sheepdog. And isn't there a mother system thingy if you go?

Yep. This exists at most colleges, in some form or another. People who meet their offers in the summer are allocated two 'mums' (who choose to be put together). Very often the mums will get in touch with their 'children' in the few weeks before their arrival at Cambridge. It can work really well - I'm great friends with one of my mums!
Reply 12
Lol i applied to newham 2! yay! Im another medic lol, but i havnt got an interview yet! :frown: Hvae they started giving out newnham ones yet? Lol im the only one at skl who applied + don't have an intervu! o well. Wow the mother system sounds so kl! Apparentli you also get lyk an 'adopted father' as well from the other colleges lol. Also even though i've only been ther a couple of times, i swear newnham college has the most fun!
Reply 13
Hey Fal!

Yeah, the interview dates are trickling through, don't worry! (Have patience...) All the letters are done, and are in the process of being sent out.

You are absolutely right: Newnham is great! :wink:
Reply 14
I just met my college mum as I was walking back to Newnham...and my college aunty! Yes, that's the fun bit - making ridiculously extended family connections. Just not so fun for the third years when you greet them with "Hello Grandma!"...hmm
Reply 15
Hello, I am (an apparently lonely) MML applicant - test on the 5th/ interviews on the 6th... can't wait :rolleyes:
Yay I'm so glad there are other people going!
Reply 17
Yay I'm so glad there are other people going!

I'd just like to point out that there are a LOT of people who are being interviewed - not just TSRians! :wink:
(Interviews proper extend from 4th-13th December...that's a LOT of people).

Sorry, just made me laugh! :biggrin:
Reply 18
epitome

Yeah, the interview dates are trickling through, don't worry! (Have patience...) All the letters are done, and are in the process of being sent out.
You are absolutely right: Newnham is great! :wink:

Lol thnx, i really really hope i get an intavu! Newham IS gr8 lol even if it means having grandchildren at the age of 20! I've visited it a couple of tyms lol and will be ecstatic if i even get invited for an intavu - ofcourse an offer would really make my day lol :wink: . Out of interest Epitome, r u a current student?
Reply 19
Yep yep - see my signature further up the page! I'm in my 2nd year, doing English (and loving it!).
I'll be in the Porters' Lodge for the duration of the vast majority of the interviews, so will (unknowingly, probably, unless you seek me out!) see you all there! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest