The Student Room Group

if a girl does not like you, is it your fault for not being good enough?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
but not every girl likes fedoras broski :cry:

Yeah but if you're a real nice guy they might like you, on opposite day

Posted from TSR Mobile
but not every girl likes fedoras broski

If I didn't I wonder if I would be so ridiculously uncomfortable with the uncertainty it would drive me crazy :/

The uncertainty of what?
Reply 42
so what is the difference here between that and the Nice Guy whinging that he got 'friendzoned' despite being a Nice Guy and Supreme Gentleman who deserves le sex now?

Why does he deserve sex?

Lol, so I'm nice to someone means I deserve sex?

I wish
because I was definitely seeing elements of it in my ex re: [the guy], he was a geeky Alpha (even had cheekbones smh). Never have I got so worked up personally about a guy being 'better than me', sure I had the 'alpha male' stereotype, but I recognised the 'meathead' negative stereotype that accompanied that. I guess it was seeing someone resembling a better version of my very self, that was so painful; a bit like those Tumblr posts 'this could be us...but you don't lift :wink:'

it also explains a lot of why my parent's marriage broke down, and how dad managed tro get whipped for a year, the divorce courts being entirely against him, my sister resenting him for being depressed like he had been terrible to Mum...so much

are you Alpha Brah?

Spoiler

Do you recognise on some level that your attitudes you just described towards dating and attraction aren't completely rational though?

The way you viewing dating, is as if its literally a game. It's not as competitive, strategic and inhuman as that. It's not as if, for example, check, you have a six pack, so level up, your chances have improved by such and such percent.

The Internet is such an unhealthy place, especially the likes of this forum and tumblr. It breeds such unrealistic and distorted views on dating. It's not about being alpha, it's about self acceptance. If you refrained from going on the Internet for leisure for just a month, I'm so certain you'd feel better and less insecure. Everyday your insecurities and anxieties are being fed by poisonous people, and websites.

The thing with psychological treatments though, is they take a lot of effort on your behalf. If you just attend sessions and that's it, it's pointless. You need to dedicate a lot of time to it. If you dedicated the amount of time you spend obsessing over dating, attraction, feminism etc, to self-help, you'd be in a far better place.

People on here are just feeding your irrational beliefs. Don't you think that these kinds of discussions are just making you worse?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by zKlown
Why does he deserve sex?

Lol, so I'm nice to someone means I deserve sex?

I wish

well yes, exactly, so does it not make sense to bklame yourself for not having that extra spark/skill etc.?
Original post by Yeah dude
Yeah but if you're a real nice guy they might like you, on opposite day

Posted from TSR Mobile

why don't you yell gnarly as much these days :frown:
Original post by Twinpeaks
Do you recognise on some level that your attitudes you just described towards dating and attraction aren't completely rational though?

The way you viewing dating, is as if its literally a game. It's not as competitive, strategic and inhuman as that. It's not as if, for example, check, you have a six pack, so level up, your chances have improved by such and such percent.

The Internet is such an unhealthy place, especially the likes of this forum and tumblr. It breeds such unrealistic and distorted views on dating. It's not about being alpha, it's about self acceptance. If you refrained from going on the Internet for leisure for just a month, I'm so certain you'd feel better and less insecure. Everyday your insecurities and anxieties are being fed by poisonous people, and websites.

The thing with psychological treatments though, is they take a lot of effort on your behalf. If you just attend sessions and that's it, it's pointless. You need to dedicate a lot of time to it. If you dedicated the amount of time you spend obsessing over dating, attraction, feminism etc, to self-help, you'd be in a far better place.

People on here are just feeding your irrational beliefs. Don't you think that these kinds of discussions are just making you worse?

Eh, I'll be getting perma-banned quite soon at this rate :redface:

shall we continue this via PM or on my page, as I am curious who you are :smile:
Original post by Viva Emptiness
The uncertainty of what?

I would no longer know if I am doing the 'right' thing...and the stuff we talked about via PM
[QUOTE="Bandicoot;53886419" Smash="Smash"]
Original post by Twinpeaks
Oh no why? I knew your obsession with RP wouldn't do you any good. Knew you'd get sucked in eventually!

Hope you're still having CBT though.

And yes, put the picture as your avatar.[
/QUOTE]

that would be a dead giveaway though, hilarious how just changing my name threw a few people off the hook.

I believe it was LavenderBlueSky (and of course good old Viva) who outed me first.

Yeah but it's so obvious it's you, you might as well. I wasn't even a frequent poster (I was under a different account when you were Riku) and recognised you straight away!
why don't you yell gnarly as much these days :frown:

Because it's too GNARLY

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Twinpeaks;53887151"]

Yeah but it's so obvious it's you, you might as well. I wasn't even a frequent poster (I was under a different account when you were Riku) and recognised you straight away!

I also like Crash Bandicoot :u:
Reply 51
well yes, exactly, so does it not make sense to bklame yourself for not having that extra spark/skill etc.?

No, because not everyone is a match!

How are you not getting this?
loooool why are my threads always Most Popular when they are so so repetitive and predictable :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

Nice troll thread by Ultimate Gentleman going right bow.

I figure the absolute opposite of Nice Guy entitlement complex is placing as much responsibility on yourself for failure as possible. Makes rejection extremely brutal but stops you being a little bitch about it and you accept your place in society.

To me then, dating would be like a job interview, I am the candidate and women are Alan Sugar. Doesn't matter how much it hurts, there is no 'not right for me', it is Here is how you are wrong, Smash, Fix it. Then you improve those skills. You do not question because you have no right to do so, do any of the contestants have the right to question Sugar? Question your manager, tell me where that gets you, enjoy unemployment

Tell me if this is a good approach. Before being a fixture on TSR I used to be the kind of person who.profusely apologises for bumping into people on the subway, even if they had shoved me.

I call this the principle of hyper accountability

[video="youtube;fLrpBLDWyCI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI[/video]

Firstly, why are you not the Alan Sugar. You may have approached them but you should see yourself as headhunting as opposed to being the jobseeker.

While the truth is possibly that you may be too fat ect.. for them, if your wise you'll avoid such negative thinking and approach it from the perspective that you are worthy of anybody and that a rejection is their loss because they've chosen not to get to know the smart and funny you.

This mentality is symptomatic of your lack of self belief. Your belief that you are a beta.
Original post by Rakas21
[video="youtube;fLrpBLDWyCI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI[/video]

Firstly, why are you not the Alan Sugar. You may have approached them but you should see yourself as headhunting as opposed to being the jobseeker.

While the truth is possibly that you may be too fat ect.. for them, if your wise you'll avoid such negative thinking and approach it from the perspective that you are worthy of anybody and that a rejection is their loss because they've chosen not to get to know the smart and funny you.

This mentality is symptomatic of your lack of self belief. Your belief that you are a beta.

reasonably I believe I should forget dating for the time being and 'find myself', return with confidence and knowing who I am, then all will be well :smile: or at least, better

Nah I'm not fat at all, skinny-fat perhaps but closer to slim. It is entirely a mental/emotional/social thing I believe(oh and a lack of job)
reasonably I believe I should forget dating for the time being and 'find myself', return with confidence and knowing who I am, then all will be well :smile: or at least, better

Nah I'm not fat at all, skinny-fat perhaps but closer to slim. It is entirely a mental/emotional/social thing I believe(oh and a lack of job)

If i were you i'd try actively dating. If successful then you could gain confidence rather than continuing to sit here alone doubting yourself.

Yeah i know, that was just an example but you could insert any reason.
Reply 55
Well... Why do you have to automatically assume it is your fault if a girl does not like you or vice versa? Rejection is a part and parcel in the dating world and if someone does not like you, just forget about it and simply move on bro! It is not the end of the world if you were unable to make someone like you. Anyway all these self analyzing hypothesis about why it went wrong and what could have been done more is giving me a headache...You could be a Clark Kent and there would still be some girls who don't like you coz' you just don't appeal to them.
Original post by Rakas21
If i were you i'd try actively dating. If successful then you could gain confidence rather than continuing to sit here alone doubting yourself.

Yeah i know, that was just an example but you could insert any reason.

I've considered setting up a dating profile :tongue: on POF, Match etc. (I hear OKCupid have silly high standards)
Original post by Nomu
Well... Why do you have to automatically assume it is your fault if a girl does not like you or vice versa? Rejection is a part and parcel in the dating world and if someone does not like you, just forget about it and simply move on bro! It is not the end of the world if you were unable to make someone like you. Anyway all these self analyzing hypothesis about why it went wrong and what could have been done more is giving me a headache...You could be a Clark Kent and there would still be some girls who don't like you coz' you just don't appeal to them.

graaa don't get me started on Clark Kent :tongue:
loooool why are my threads always Most Popular when they are so so repetitive and predictable :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

Nice troll thread by Ultimate Gentleman going right bow.

I figure the absolute opposite of Nice Guy entitlement complex is placing as much responsibility on yourself for failure as possible. Makes rejection extremely brutal but stops you being a little bitch about it and you accept your place in society.

To me then, dating would be like a job interview, I am the candidate and women are Alan Sugar. Doesn't matter how much it hurts, there is no 'not right for me', it is Here is how you are wrong, Smash, Fix it. Then you improve those skills. You do not question because you have no right to do so, do any of the contestants have the right to question Sugar? Question your manager, tell me where that gets you, enjoy unemployment

Tell me if this is a good approach. Before being a fixture on TSR I used to be the kind of person who.profusely apologises for bumping into people on the subway, even if they had shoved me.

I call this the principle of hyper accountability

No: young Kate Bush is Alan Sugar; women are just people and treating every date like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and every prospective girlfriend as though she were Venus incarnate, simply betrays a total absence of moral and intellectual character.
Original post by Profesh
No: young Kate Bush is Alan Sugar; women are just people and treating every date like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and every prospective girlfriend as though she were Venus incarnate, simply betrays a total absence of moral and intellectual character.

Exquisite

Before my ex, a friend like that (and with similar musical taste, also a big Placebo fan) was my first mature crush.

She was flirting with me shortly before I had my nervous breakdown o_o

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending