The Student Room Group

A-level revision help

I'm currently in year 12 with my AS exams rapidly approaching and feel as though my revision is utterly futile. I think I'll begin to tackle past papers, as many students are strong advocators, but I'm wondering when the best time to begin them is. Furthermore, how do I get around doing both revision and past papers?

If I start them now, I may be sacrificing revision from notes, but if I leave it too late I amy not feel the benefit.

pls help
Reply 1
Original post by alex_david97
I'm currently in year 12 with my AS exams rapidly approaching and feel as though my revision is utterly futile. I think I'll begin to tackle past papers, as many students are strong advocators, but I'm wondering when the best time to begin them is. Furthermore, how do I get around doing both revision and past papers?

If I start them now, I may be sacrificing revision from notes, but if I leave it too late I amy not feel the benefit.

pls help

Past papers should be used for exam technique, not for learning content. You should have a good understanding of the subject first, and the past papers should then help you apply your knowledge to the questions. They may also help you to notice which questions often come up.
I would suggest doing some now (some of the earlier ones e.g. from 2009), and them some later, allowing you to learn question styles now, but still leaving you some for closer to exam time!

Hope I helped! :pika:
Original post by alex_david97

pls help

Maybe do a couple of past papers now to recogonise your weakest areas, then focus your revision on these areas. Try and cover the whole course and continue to do past papers in any spare time you have, so frees, lunch times or at home!

I hope this helps, any more questions just ask :smile:
Thank you, both really helpful! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest