The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Health, wellbeing and Social Care

Hello there, I applied for Child Nursing at the University of Bradford but they have offered me an alternative course which is Health, wellbeign and Social Care:confused:.... So i was wondering if i take this Course on and become successful fingers crossed, i was thinking will i be able to take on child nursing after ive graduated from this course?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Asha_19
Hello there, I applied for Child Nursing at the University of Bradford but they have offered me an alternative course which is Health, wellbeign and Social Care:confused:.... So i was wondering if i take this Course on and become successful fingers crossed, i was thinking will i be able to take on child nursing after ive graduated from this course?

Hi there Asha, within the first year you can speak to your mentor/tutor and tell them that you want to do child nursing and they will let you know if it is possible, I am also wanting to do child nursing and so when I went to the taster day I asked the tutors there and this is what they told me.... why not email them and ask them :smile:
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Original post by Sanhiya_
Hi there Asha, within the first year you can speak to your mentor/tutor and tell them that you want to do child nursing and they will let you know if it is possible, I am also wanting to do child nursing and so when I went to the taster day I asked the tutors there and this is what they told me.... why not email them and ask them :smile:

Heyy Sanhiya,

Thanks for your reply reallly means alot.... I really want to do child nursing really badly because that what i want to do as my future career... im thinking if i take up thius course will get the specific training that is also involved in Child Nursing or is it going to be differeent because at the end of the day both courses are realated to children.... && yeah i will email them thanks for that i thought id get more information here :smile: :console:
Reply 3
Original post by Asha_19
Heyy Sanhiya,

Thanks for your reply reallly means alot.... I really want to do child nursing really badly because that what i want to do as my future career... im thinking if i take up thius course will get the specific training that is also involved in Child Nursing or is it going to be differeent because at the end of the day both courses are realated to children.... && yeah i will email them thanks for that i thought id get more information here :smile: :console:

Oh don't worry about it..... tbh I don't really think that you have any training for the course you are doing as it is not NHS related..... hope I helped, I think if you ask them thye will give you a better insight and explanation as to what can be done!! wish you all the best for the future :smile: :u:
Reply 4
Thanks alot really means alot dude!!
Reply 5
your welcome hun!! x
Reply 6
Hey ive just completed that course BSc health wellbeing and social care..i was in the exact same place as you..when u complete this degree you can do 2year MA/postgraduate routes into child/adult/mental nursing alot of unis do them.now however you can wait and apply for the next undergraduate child nursing intake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by geek_22
Hey ive just completed that course BSc health wellbeing and social care..i was in the exact same place as you..when u complete this degree you can do 2year MA/postgraduate routes into child/adult/mental nursing alot of unis do them.now however you can wait and apply for the next undergraduate child nursing intake.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey thanks for youre reply :smile:

How did you find the course at the top of your head wa it hard and did you have to do placements each year or did you do your placements in one year throughout, and yesterday i got emailed from UCAS and i was told that my place has be confirmed and ive got a definate place in the UNI which im happy about.... however i cant wait another year told be fairly honest... && yeah i was wondering once i complete this degree i thought if we start to apply for jobs in the NHS will we be able to apply for the job or not?
Reply 8
Original post by Asha_19
Hey thanks for youre reply :smile:

How did you find the course at the top of your head wa it hard and did you have to do placements each year or did you do your placements in one year throughout, and yesterday i got emailed from UCAS and i was told that my place has be confirmed and ive got a definate place in the UNI which im happy about.... however i cant wait another year told be fairly honest... && yeah i was wondering once i complete this degree i thought if we start to apply for jobs in the NHS will we be able to apply for the job or not?

Hey,,the course itself wasnt as difficult as i thought it would be..if you put your.mind to it its possible..i got a first with it..you do two placements which were difficult to find and was pointless.tbh..
If im giving my honest opinion i really wished i hadnt done this course..and wished i just waited as i cant get a job with it..and now im studying further so will be returning to bradford this september.
Its just quite a broad subject..so covers a variety of topics..i applied for health jobs in the nhs such as healthcare assistant/support worker but even that is hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by geek_22
Hey,,the course itself wasnt as difficult as i thought it would be..if you put your.mind to it its possible..i got a first with it..you do two placements which were difficult to find and was pointless.tbh..
If im giving my honest opinion i really wished i hadnt done this course..and wished i just waited as i cant get a job with it..and now im studying further so will be returning to bradford this september.
Its just quite a broad subject..so covers a variety of topics..i applied for health jobs in the nhs such as healthcare assistant/support worker but even that is hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh Dammit:frown:! This is really getting to me know, so dont you get to choose where you get to do your placements?? ive got no other thing tdo on taking on this alternative im actuallydo child nursing but t a year to go by because i kno if i take a gap year i wouldnt want to study after that ygm && aaah i see so your not from Bradford. I wish you all the very best and hopefully il meet you there aswell && yeah ive heard it is a broad subject and i thought that it will be eaiser to get more jobs. i actually dont know what to do.
So basically geek_22 dyu think this course is pointless and not worth it?
Original post by geek_22

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you think this course is pointless then? and did u have to find the placements urself?
Reply 12
Original post by Asha_19
Ohh Dammit:frown:! This is really getting to me know, so dont you get to choose where you get to do your placements?? ive got no other thing tdo on taking on this alternative im actuallydo child nursing but t a year to go by because i kno if i take a gap year i wouldnt want to study after that ygm && aaah i see so your not from Bradford. I wish you all the very best and hopefully il meet you there aswell && yeah ive heard it is a broad subject and i thought that it will be eaiser to get more jobs. i actually dont know what to do.

Aww bless ya dw about it
You do get to chose your placements but you dont get much support as they said they would give you. But i just didnt see the point of it it didnt help me in anyway..it can open doors if you know what you want but if its nursing you want to do, u can either do this degree and do a postgraduate route into nursing..my sisters in the exact place aswell bradford uni offered this course to her too instead of nursing..shes thinking of accepting it but applying again and change courses the for the second year.
N lool nope am from leeds hehe aww thankyou very much and same to you too.
I wil say though some of the lecturers on the course are really really supportive for some.modules.
I absolutely know the feeling..think about it bless ya :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by geek_22
Aww bless ya dw about it
You do get to chose your placements but you dont get much support as they said they would give you. But i just didnt see the point of it it didnt help me in anyway..it can open doors if you know what you want but if its nursing you want to do, u can either do this degree and do a postgraduate route into nursing..my sisters in the exact place aswell bradford uni offered this course to her too instead of nursing..shes thinking of accepting it but applying again and change courses the for the second year.
I wil say though some of the lecturers on the course are really really supportive for some.modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

heyy, what nursing dose ur sister want to do? I have also been offered this course, and I am going to be doing the same thing as ur sister applying for child nursing through the internal form
Reply 14
Original post by geek_22
Aww bless ya dw about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aaaaah thank the lord for that... but hopefully i get the place that i want to get it can get really hard but yeah its different fr everyone tbh.... ikno it will open more doors and that what i want i think having an overviewof other things will also help my future and plus if i wanna be a nurse im sure you need to do a post graduate degree bc if you think about it people with degrees are working in supermarkets ygm && yeah your sister is in the same shoes as my friend tbh she offered this course aswell and shes gutted! && Im sure throughout the first year we could be transferred to nursing correct me if im wrong bc thats whave was told about one of our tutors at college today.

Ahahaa really leeds nice one you come to bradford instead of leeds? && thanks sooo much ill really need support && im sure we will need all the support that is needed in lectures ahaha. hopefully i get ta see ya &&yeah make friends && stuff im defo gonna think about this though:redface:
Reply 15
Original post by Sanhiya_
heyy, what nursing dose ur sister want to do? I have also been offered this course, and I am going to be doing the same thing as ur sister applying for child nursing through the internal form

Heyy..
She wants to do child nursing..and have you..i see
Yeh thats what shes going to do.apply through that internal form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Asha_19
Aaaaah thank the lord for that... but hopefully i get the place that i want to get it can get really hard but yeah its different fr everyone tbh.... ikno it will open more doors and that what i want i think having an overviewof other things will also help my future and plus if i wanna be a nurse im sure you need to do a post graduate degree bc if you think about it people with degrees are working in supermarkets ygm && yeah your sister is in the same shoes as my friend tbh she offered this course aswell and shes gutted! && Im sure throughout the first year we could be transferred to nursing correct me if im wrong bc thats whave was told about one of our tutors at college today.

Ahahaa really leeds nice one you come to bradford instead of leeds? && thanks sooo much ill really need support && im sure we will need all the support that is needed in lectures ahaha. hopefully i get ta see ya &&yeah make friends && stuff im defo gonna think about this though:redface:

Yehhh
I meant you do this 3year route bsc health wellbeing and social care and then do 2yr post grad for nursing which you can only do it u have an undergraduate degree..or the 3yr bsc child nursing directly to nursing
Yeh thats what u can do.and ive told me sis to aswell, do this for 1year and apply internally for the next sept intake.that is an option..(ii hope iim makiin sense lol)

Yehh i didnt like the unis in leeds.so chose bradford..as had friends that wer going ther too.
Yehh might bump into you..its nice to see peeps you know..
.when i first started i was so lost so i know how it is.
If you need any more help with anything and im more than happy to do so :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by geek_22
Yehhh
I meant you do this 3year route bsc health wellbeing and social care and then do 2yr post grad for nursing which you can only do it u have an undergraduate degree..or the 3yr bsc child nursing directly to nursing
Yeh thats what u can do.and ive told me sis to aswell, do this for 1year and apply internally for the next sept intake.that is an option..(ii hope iim makiin sense lol)

Yehh i didnt like the unis in leeds.so chose bradford..as had friends that wer going ther too.
Yehh might bump into you..its nice to see peeps you know..
.when i first started i was so lost so i know how it is.
If you need any more help with anything and im more than happy to do so :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehehee yeaaah iknoo where your coming from dw i aint lost ahaha && i applied for leeds but i didnt get a place lol i thought it would be better than bradford tbh. yeaah why not thats only if we kno what we look like lol when it gets to the time im sure we will know each other better lol && yeahh thanks so so much for your help really appreciate it & yeah im here fyu aswell if you need any help :biggrin::colondollar: Thanks once again:smile:
Original post by geek_22
Heyy..
She wants to do child nursing..and have you..i see
Yeh thats what shes going to do.apply through that internal form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yehh... and u know that internal form if ur successful then dyu get a place into the second year or dyu have to start from the first again?
and for this health wellbeing course when you went to placements did yu have to wear a uniform and what was the uniform like? thank for replying x :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Asha_19
Hehehee yeaaah iknoo where your coming from dw i aint lost ahaha && i applied for leeds but i didnt get a place lol i thought it would be better than bradford tbh. yeaah why not thats only if we kno what we look like lol when it gets to the time im sure we will know each other better lol && yeahh thanks so so much for your help really appreciate it & yeah im here fyu aswell if you need any help :biggrin::colondollar: Thanks once again:smile:

Phew thats good haha..
Aww..yeh..are yhu from.bradford..
Haha yeah goodpoint looool ill bump into yaa n yeah we will :biggrin:..ill be starting this sept so ill be around..
Aww honestly its no bother..im happy to help..aww bless ya thank you..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending