The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5120
Original post by Saracen's Fez
I'm not 100% convinced that you should take it totally literally either, I would say wear something semi-formal unless it particularly makes you feel uncomfortable. That said it is generally OK to turn up to supervisions in anything upward from pyjamas so they're unlikely to care (though they will notice and may retell the story to you after you get in if you turn up in something particularly memorable).

Though even around college different fellows wear quite different things but they're not all in suits all of the time so they won't be expecting you to be either.

Damnit
Original post by rossward
So what I got from this is that I should wear something particularly memorable and that way I will get in :smug:

Not necessarily, you might become one of the stories that fellows tell the students who did make it about people who showed up to interview but didn't really stand a chance. :tongue:
Reply 5122
If I turned in my COPA and SAQ a week ago and have not gotten a confirmation email back from my specific college yet, should I email them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zee35
If I turned in my COPA and SAQ a week ago and have not gotten a confirmation email back from my specific college yet, should I email them?

No.
Just sat for my interview for Law awhile ago. Interviewed by a Dr Sam Lucy who was a really nice lady! Pretty tricky questions but I didn't get any of those "typical" Oxbridge type questions :biggrin:
Original post by Infelicific
Just sat for my interview for Law awhile ago. Interviewed by a Dr Sam Lucy who was a really nice lady! Pretty tricky questions but I didn't get any of those "typical" Oxbridge type questions :biggrin:

I remember her from all the videos she's in on the Cambridge youtube channel :tongue: that's good news! Are you relieved it's over?
Original post by rissanicole14
I remember her from all the videos she's in on the Cambridge youtube channel :tongue: that's good news! Are you relieved it's over?

Yup! She's a very warm person, smiled a lot and laughed when I tried to get her to give me feedback :P I am! I was so stressed about it before, now I feel like I worried for nothing. Really just felt like a conversation.
Yup! She's a very warm person, smiled a lot and laughed when I tried to get her to give me feedback :P I am! I was so stressed about it before, now I feel like I worried for nothing. Really just felt like a conversation.

That sounds really great! Now you're free from uni application prep stress :smile:

I'm sorry but interview? Already? I thought they declared that in November.. :confused:
Original post by thirdcultureteen
That sounds really great! Now you're free from uni application prep stress :smile:

Yup. Finally free to fully focus on my AS exam :h:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Not necessarily, you might become one of the stories that fellows tell the students who did make it about people who showed up to interview but didn't really stand a chance. :tongue:

Atleast part of me will go to Cambridge :biggrin:
Original post by ibprocrastinator
I'm sorry but interview? Already? I thought they declared that in November.. :confused:

I'm an international applicant from Malaysia. Applicants from Malaysia, Singapore, China and Hong Kong have ealier interview and assessment dates if we choose to be interviewed within our own countries, and not in Cambridge itself :biggrin:
If I'm a home (UK) student do I still have to fill out the fee status assessment questionnaire? So confused please help!
I asked this a while ago but I still haven't found anyone, so are there any music applicants around? 😂
What's a good % on the NSAA?
Cambridge is a blast. Go for it

That sounds great! I am going to have an interview on 27th in China:smile: Hope my interview will go like yours.
Original post by richardhello
What's a good % on the NSAA?

"Experience with similar assessments and from trials indicates that, on average, typical applicants to the most highly selective undergraduate courses (who are by definition academically very able) will gain approximately half of the available marks. The best applicants will score more highly, but only relatively few are expected to gain more than 80% of the available marks. "

I just did Section 1, thought it was going horribly, I ran out of time and guessed most of the Biology ones as I didn't have time to really read them. I didn't do as badly as I thought, I got 61% on section 1. It could all be ruined by Section 2 but we will see.
I'm an international applicant from Malaysia. Applicants from Malaysia, Singapore, China and Hong Kong have ealier interview and assessment dates if we choose to be interviewed within our own countries, and not in Cambridge itself :biggrin:

Oh, yes. It totally slipped my mind. I'm so glad you got done with it :smile: Must be a relief!
Original post by bigmandave
If I'm a home (UK) student do I still have to fill out the fee status assessment questionnaire? So confused please help!

Yeah but only certain bits. For the residency it will be (I assume) living with parents so youll need to provide a household bill from this year and 3 years ago.

Latest

Trending

Trending