The Student Room Group

How to accept unrequited love?

So I just read somewhere that, contrary to popular belief, girls get 'friend zoned' all the time 'but they're not big whiney pussies about it like friend zoned men are'

So my question to women is, how dd you so stoically accept such a rejection? And I guess the same of men, who have not turned into Nice Guys (™) or UltimatGentleman :tongue:

N.B. This has nothing much to do with my personal situation considering I have barely any friends who are women at present :redface:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Eh, there are plenty of people in the world and not everyone can love everyone. Plenty more fish in the sea and all that.
I always thought you were a ladies man though :crown:
Reply 3
Original post by Loafing.Charizard

You thought he was a man?

Way off base!
Original post by samba
You thought he was a man?

Way off base!

Oh snap :laugh:

I clearly have trouble identifying between a man and a woman
Pretty easy really, you just accept it.
By understanding that not everyone is going to like you back, they can't help who they like and that is okay. Been "friendzoned" more times than not.
Oh snap :laugh:

I clearly have trouble identifying between a man and a woman

what?

Ignore Samba, he doesn't like me and has his own warped views on masculinity etc.

I'm a young male with severe anxiety disorder, paranoia levels with certain things (the main things being relationships and hypochondria).
The first guy I loved didn't even glance at me. Well he knew I existed, but didn't want to be associated with me. I was in year 10!!!! Lol, so yeah it hurt like a bitch. :tongue: It was 5 years ago now, but you deffo live and learn. Now, I'm not so quick to give my heart away, I guard it to avoid getting hurt again. I rarely think about him now :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
what?

Ignore Samba, he doesn't like me and has his own warped views on masculinity etc.

I'm a young male with severe anxiety disorder, paranoia levels with certain things (the main things being relationships and hypochondria).

:lol: I don't think about masculinity much, but I'll bite. Please explain, what are my warped views on the subject?

And you're a young male troll who likes attention on an internet forum. Let's not mince words here, or use mental health as an excuse for doing things you're quite capable of not doing.

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Yeah I would be careful if you call me beta, I'll have the mods on you like light to the flies.

Perhaps all men with mental health issues under the care of GPs are pussies who can't fight for themselves, I dunno I tried making that thread in H+R in 2013, wouldn't recommend it unless you like red cards.

You are you, not all men :smile: And it's got nothing to do with being 'unable to fight for yourself' - it has to do with being an irritating little mosquito who isn't worth the effort for people to befriend.
Original post by Groot
Wtf, you brought up the beta issue here, not me. Get a hold of yourself! :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hugh!
Groot your back!
Yes.I can have more science Conversations with you 😃.
Reply 11
Original post by Groot
I would have called you beta but it felt too repetitive. But you know that I know that you're a beta male.

We are humans, not wolves. If we were a wolf pack, he'd be the toy for the Omegas to play with.

Beta wolves are strong wolves who are constantly challenging the alpha.
das cyber bullying

I'm considered fairly attractive by random younger women who don't know me too well, then my social skills and mental health problems scare them away, except for a select few who have been close friends/crushes
Original post by samba
If only serial killers could get away with that defense... Alcoholism is a physical addiction. So no, you're nothing like an alcoholic, just a bog standard troll.

Orca whales are social animals too. What's a beta Orca?

Penguins are social animals. What's a beta penguin? :lol:

I don't think you or I know what is going on with my brain chemistry, I know I'm a bit irresponsible and very immature but to say I am bull****ting the whole thing is a bit strong
Reply 15
I don't think it's a matter of women being superior stoics. I think women get friendzoned here and there, but some guys get friendzoned persistently and consistently.
Original post by ChickenMadness
das cyber bullying

it's my own fault though isn't it

Original post by miser
I don't think it's a matter of women being superior stoics. I think women get friendzoned here and there, but some guys get friendzoned persistently and consistently.

frustratingly any woman who discovers the extent of my anxieties IRL will inevitably 'friend zone' me so I must forever keep myself at a distance
Just keep reminding yourself of the positives of being forever alone such as not having to share the bed covers :u: :redface:
And half the amount of dishes and clothes to wash.
Not having to share the bathroom.
And no arguments about the toilet seat...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samba
We are humans, not wolves. If we were a wolf pack, he'd be the toy for the Omegas to play with.

Beta wolves are strong wolves who are constantly challenging the alpha.

Original post by Groot
Like wolves, we are social animals. As such, there are alphas and betas. Deal with it.

Wolves don't even follow that social hierarchy in the wild.
It's worse when the girl toys with you..:c

Quick Reply

Latest