The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

21 year-old female - final year student at Coventry

Hi!

I’m a Marketing student currently on my placement year and will be returning to Coventry in September 2015 for my final year. After some confusion with housemates from last year I’m on my own, so am looking for a place that’s ideally no more than a 20 minute walk from the William Morris/Library; can stretch to half an hour, will just bring my bike along to cut time. My maximum really per month (incl. bills) is £350 but can stretch an extra £20-40 a month if the place is super nice.

I’m talkative, clean and tidy, enjoy a good drink in the pub and the occasional Kasbah night (side room only please…) I enjoy going to the gym and playing badminton and am looking to make some new friends! But please be warned, I’m going to be in my final year so have some respect and think of me if you’re going to be blasting loud music or staying up late being generally loud allllll the time etc etc

Oh and any indie kids and/or vegetarians would be much appreciated, it'd be great to meet some like-minded people! :wink:

So, if for example, you have an ideal house with a few friends and you need just one extra person I could be your gal. Also, if you are in a similar situation to myself then reply below!
Reply 1
I know this isn't relevant to your topic much, but I was wodering if you got student finance during your placement year, and approximately how much. I mean is it the same as your previous years or less.

I am wanting to do a placement year and I would have to move away from home to London, and I was wondering if I could afford it.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
I got roughly £3,300 which was my maximum loan. My placement is paid though, £15,000 for the year.

I still decided to take my student loan this year so I could save it to use in conjunction with my student loan next year - that way I'm hoping I will have enough each month to not have to work my final year!
Reply 3
Ok thanks.
My placement is not paid, which is why I am worried I may not be able to afford it.

was that £3300 the same as previous years

Original post by elizaaaa
I got roughly £3,300 which was my maximum loan. My placement is paid though, £15,000 for the year.

I still decided to take my student loan this year so I could save it to use in conjunction with my student loan next year - that way I'm hoping I will have enough each month to not have to work my final year!
Reply 4
I would never consider doing an unpaid placement in London unless you have somewhere to live free of charge i.e., family! Far too expensive...

And no, this is the most I've ever received from student finance.
Reply 5
Thank you for your help:smile:

Original post by elizaaaa
I would never consider doing an unpaid placement in London unless you have somewhere to live free of charge i.e., family! Far too expensive...

And no, this is the most I've ever received from student finance.
Reply 6
No problem :smile:
Reply 7
I'm in the same situation myself, not sure who I'm going to live with and times running out.. maybe we could consider sharing?
Reply 8
Original post by rachhen
I'm in the same situation myself, not sure who I'm going to live with and times running out.. maybe we could consider sharing?

I'm currently on my way to Coventry to view a few rooms in a variation of houses (4 bed up to a 14 bed). I can message you later if you'd like?
Reply 9
yeah that would be good, thank you
U can live with me for free
I have a house with 2 bedrooms
The other room is free
I live alone
If ur interested contact me

Quick Reply

Latest