The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Studing Law at Leicester university

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katehxghes
I'm considering law, although I'm desperately stuck between the LLB and a History degree for 2016 entry.
If I eventually decide to apply for Law I think I'd apply at Durham, UCL, Leicester, Warwick and Edinburgh.
Would anyone be kind enough to give me an insight into the Law course at any of these universities or vice versa for History, I'd really appreciate it, thanks :smile:

What specifically do you wanna know about law (at Leicester)? I'm going into 3rd year in September
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Pavzky
What specifically do you wanna know about law (at Leicester)? I'm going into 3rd year in September

What I wanna know is why on earth you chose Leicester? Please, God, tell me you didn't actually get AAA.
Original post by MoonmanKKK
What I wanna know is why on earth you chose Leicester? Please, God, tell me you didn't actually get AAA.

Why does it bother you so much? And no, I got ABB and applied because I had a feeling they were lenient
Hey guys, does anyone here currently have an accommodation offer for a PREMIUM FLAT at either Opal or Nixon Court that is looking to switch to a Premium Ensuite? If so, please let me know as soon as possible. I have accepted my offer of accommodation at Opal Court (Premium Ensuite Block D) , but am looking to transfer to a Premium flat. Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 24
Canadian student waiting for clearing via ucas for the 3 year LLB at either Leicester or Birmingham. Anyone have any experience with clearing?
Reply 25
Call University of Leicester law admissions office. From what I have heard, they will ask you to send your qualifications and if they find them suitable for clearing, they will send you offer the same day.
Original post by Esslaw
Canadian student waiting for clearing via ucas for the 3 year LLB at either Leicester or Birmingham. Anyone have any experience with clearing?

Hi there :smile: I'm working at Leicester's Clearing call centre (and I study Law!)

My advice would be to call the International Office on (+44)116 229 1888 and find out what's happening. They should be available from 6:30 GMT tomorrow (Thursday).

Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by skye218
If I choose Leicester it'll be opal court or nixon court standard ensuite. Not sure which one is better though. I'm an international student from Canada so it's hard for me to find certain information on the schools. Are you going to live on campus or commute?

hey!

Did you figure out where youre staying at Leicester? Do you have Facebook?
Reply 28
Original post by sarnowskol
hey!

Did you figure out where youre staying at Leicester? Do you have Facebook?

Opal Court, how about you?
No I don't have facebook but I think I'm gonna make one again for school.
Original post by skye218
Opal Court, how about you?
No I don't have facebook but I think I'm gonna make one again for school.

Im staying at Nixon. Yea you should get facebook, there are a couple groups for law students going to leicester
Reply 30
Original post by sarnowskol
Im staying at Nixon. Yea you should get facebook, there are a couple groups for law students going to leicester

Is Nixon Court better? I kinda regret not getting a room there.
I wouldn't say its better, my friend who just came back stayed at Opal and said it was ok, but recommended Nixon. They both have mature students from Canada .
I'm starting LLB Law and Criminology (3 years undergrad) in September, staying in Beaumont Halls :smile:
Original post by finlayrose28
I'm starting LLB Law and Criminology (3 years undergrad) in September, staying in Beaumont Halls :smile:

I'm starting the same course! Staying at Nixon though
hello, I am a Canadian student and was wondering if anyone's paid their tuition fees. if so, which method of payment did you choose? wire transfer? credit card?
Thanks!
Hey Jessica,

I did the double installment method via wire transfer.
Original post by TSRJessica
hello, I am a Canadian student and was wondering if anyone's paid their tuition fees. if so, which method of payment did you choose? wire transfer? credit card?
Thanks!

Hi, I think it would be wire transfer, but the best thing to do is email [email protected] and ask them which payment would be the easiest and best for everyone, but also remind them that you're an overseas student. Hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending