The Student Room Group

"Brealfies" and the rise of public breastfeeding.

Scroll to see replies

It's ok for women to show off their boobs on page 3 and for men to stare at them but when someone actually uses a boob for its natural purpose everyone kicks off?!?!
Original post by #Ridwan
Because in an expensive restaurant nobody should be forced to watch a breastfeeding woman. Show some dignity FFS.

Feeding and nurturing a child in the most natural way possible is very dignified.

Original post by driftawaay
It's pretty gross. No one gives a **** if 'breastfeeding is natural' and 'not something shameful' or whatever, should we also be allowed to take a **** and piss wherever we like with people all around?

No because excremement carries bacteria that is harmful. As far as im aware breast milk does not.

Babies need feeding, Simple as, ok taking a selfie of it seems a bit daft but then tumblr and fb is full of pictures of what people ahve for dinner and new shoes which is just as daft
Original post by #Ridwan
Because in an expensive restaurant nobody should be forced to watch a breastfeeding woman. Show some dignity FFS.

Here's a novel idea - move if you don't like it. You're not forced to look at a woman feeding her child.
Original post by OU Student
Here's a novel idea - move if you don't like it. You're not forced to look at a woman feeding her child.

In an expensive restaurant nobody wants to see a breastfeeding woman.

In such a situation I'm sure the restaurant owners would love to kick people out who engage in nudity. Unfortunately the dictatorial Equalities Act demands that all businesses must allow women to expose themselves under the guise of a hungry baby.

A while back, the owners of a swimming pool lost a court case under the Equalities Act after kicking out a woman who was breastfeeding in the pool. Any reasonable person would agree that squirting milk into a public pool should give the owners every right to take action, but we live in a police state now.
Original post by #Ridwan

In such a situation I'm sure the restaurant owners would love to kick people out who engage in nudity. Unfortunately the dictatorial Equalities Act demands that all businesses must allow women to expose themselves under the guise of a hungry baby.

A while back, the owners of a swimming pool lost a court case under the Equalities Act after kicking out a woman who was breastfeeding in the pool. Any reasonable person would agree that squirting milk into a public pool should give the owners every right to take action, but we live in a police state now.

I can't believe I'm about to type this:
But I completely agree with you on the second paragraph. That was just daft.

Feeding your baby isn't "engaging in nudity".
Original post by #Ridwan

Original post by OU Student
I can't believe I'm about to type this:
But I completely agree with you on the second paragraph. That was just daft.

Feeding your baby isn't "engaging in nudity".

She wasn't in the pool: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2719700/Mother-banned-breastfeeding-five-month-old-daughter-swimming-pool-against-no-food-drink-rules.html
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

My mum has lots of stories of knobs

:smile:
Original post by KimKallstrom
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending