The Student Room Group

Line Integrals

For 27b I am V confused. What difference to the calculation does it make that it goes from (1,0,0) to (1,0,1)? and how do I parameterise t? Is it to pi/2 or 2pi? And what are the limits for my integral?
Reply 1
Original post by CammieInfinity
For 27b I am V confused. What difference to the calculation does it make that it goes from (1,0,0) to (1,0,1)? and how do I parameterise t? Is it to pi/2 or 2pi? And what are the limits for my integral?

I am not quite sure what is the actual question except from that you are asking about the limits if you use the helix.
by inspection the limits are from 0 to 2pi
Original post by CammieInfinity

They have already given you the parameterisation. You only have to choose t such that the vector parameterisation given produces (1,0,0) for one value of t and (1,0,1) for some other value of t. This is very easy if you are familiar with the behaviour of sin and cos.

The limits of the integral will be the values of t that you find to correspond to those vectors.

Quick Reply

Latest