The Student Room Group

This was not in the news .Wonder why ?

Please check this out
http://www.blink.org.uk/pdescription.asp?key=12850&grp=66&cat=330

White terrorists don’t make the news ..... Why is the news so bias .>>>>>>If the guy was asian and muslims it would be all over the news.
9/10/2006

A FORMER British National Party member has been accused of possessing
the largest amount of chemical explosives of its type ever found in the
country.

GUARD: A policeman outside the house in Trent Road, Nelson

Robert Cottage, 49, of Talbot Street, Colne, appeared before Burnley
magistrates last week charged with possession of an explosive substance.

Officers claim that their find is the largest haul of chemicals of its
kind discovered.

The case has attracted little publicity as the national media continue
to focus on Muslims.

Cottage reportedly drives disabled children to school. Police sealed
off Cottage's home and were believed to have continued their search over the
weekend. His Peugeot car has been taken away for examination.

Cottage was charged under the Explosives Substances Act 1883 last
Monday. 22 chemical components are believed to have been recovered from his
house.

David Leach, representing Cottage made no application for bail.
Magistrates remanded Cottage in custody and referred his case to Burnley
Crown Court.

Cottage, a sub-contracted driver for Lancashire County Council, stood
for the BNP in the May elections in the Vivary Bridge ward of Pendle
Council.

62-year-old retired dentist David Bolus Jackson, of Trent Road,
Nelson, was charged with similar offences. It has been reported that police
discovered a rocket launcher, a nuclear biological suit, chemicals and BNP
literature.

Christiana Buchanan, who appeared for the prosecution in Jackson's
case, alleged the pair had "some kind of masterplan".

Cottage and Jackson of Trent Road made separate appearances in court
charged with being in possession of an explosive substance for an unlawful
purpose. Both were remanded in custody.

Amid alarm from nearby residents, police tried to reassure neighbours
that they had not discovered “a bomb making factory.”

A local BNP councillor, Brian Parkinson, distanced his party from
Cottage. “It certainly wouldn't condone the sort of thing he is allegedly
being connected with”, he said.

Scroll to see replies

Moving this to D&D proper - it's not a religious discussion.
Aniq
Please check this out
http://www.blink.org.uk/pdescription.asp?key=12850&grp=66&cat=330

White terrorists don’t make the news

<snip>

He did make the news
IRA makes the news
ETA makes the news
Timothy Mcveigh made the news
Terry Nichols made the news
so wtf are you on about?
_jackofdiamonds
He did make the news
IRA makes the news
ETA makes the news
Timothy Mcveigh made the news
so wtf are you on about?

You know very well what he means. If it was Muslims, it would be headlining for weeks.
cottonmouth
You know very well what he means. If it was Muslims, it would be headlining for weeks.

He said white terrorists don't make the news. This guy did make the news, even if it wasn't trumpeted to the skies.
_jackofdiamonds
He said white terrorists don't make the news. This guy did make the news, even if it wasn't trumpeted to the skies.

The key part of that syntax being the last bit. Thats what he is getting at, and it is patently obvious, so stop being obtuse.
Reply 6
Media bias? Hell yes!
cottonmouth
so stop being obtuse.

I'm not the one coming in here saying there's never been a white terrorist on the news.
_jackofdiamonds
I'm not the one coming in here saying there's never been a white terrorist on the news.

You either get the gist of his post or you don't. If not, shut up.
cottonmouth
You either get the gist of his post or you don't. If not, shut up.

I get the gist, and I don't disagree. I don't see why that should stop me pointing out obvious biased lies in post. And wtf do you get off telling people to shut up?? If there's something I want to point out, I'm gonna point it out, and I couldn't give a rats ass if that bothers you. If the OP wants to make something of it then they can respond.
_jackofdiamonds
I get the gist, and I don't disagree. I don't see why that should stop me pointing out obvious biased lies in post. And wtf do you get off telling people to shut up?? If there's something I want to point out, I'm gonna point it out, and I couldn't give a rats ass if that bothers you. If the OP wants to make something of it then they can respond.

If you get the gist of a post, why bother focusing on what isn't really relevant? If you know what the OP means, why waste you time posting on what he doesn't mean?

The post is about general biased reporting, in particular about how they would have treated the case differently if the perps were Muslim. Stop ignoring that.
Reply 11
come on mate your just stiring up trouble, the headline could read the

FIRST EVER NON MUSLIM TO BLOW HIMSELF UP

and then where would we be
I love how the same people who declare that Muslims arrested with fully-fledged plans, manuals and jihad tapes aren't "terrorists" because they are "innocent until proven guilty", but with these guys - who it doesn't seem even had any plans or targets and haven't even come to trial - are already called "terrorists". And then they accuse others of hypocracy.
cottonmouth
If you get the gist of a post, why bother focusing on what isn't really relevant? If you know what the OP means, why waste you time posting on what he doesn't mean?

The post is about general biased reporting, in particular about how they would have treated the case differently if the perps were Muslim. Stop ignoring that.

He posted it in bold red writing. I don't bold red anything I don't mean.

-They would have treated a muslim different - I agree
-The news is biased - I agree
-White terrorist don't make the news - I disagree

Don't bring this 'it isn't relevant' thing. You post something in a debate forum people are going to respond.
Because if white people were terrorists people will wake up and stop being afraid, leading the public wanting to keep their civil liberties.
I quite like blink, they see "racists" everywhere, even in there own fridge.
Although looking on there website I did find one quote from Lord Goldsmith (about the Griffin trial)that I have not read anywhere else
And he warned that after the new law had come into force, people would "have to be careful that they don't say things that they might have been able to say before".

http://www.blink.org.uk/pdescription.asp?key=13226&grp=66&cat=330
Oh well thank you for the warning Goldsmith!! I will be extra carefull not to say what I belive about islam when your repressive law comes in, I will still be able to call you a repressive tyrannical do-gooder dick head though.
Reply 16
I know this discussion has been around before...I just can't find it.

It didn't make headline news because he's a crazed old BNPer who everyone knew wasn't going to actually do anything. Oh, he stockpiled the chemicals fair enough, but he certainly wasn't going to bomb a mosque with it. All that he makes me think of is a Virginian white tobacco farmer locked up in his house surrounded by mutinous black slaves, arming himself to the teeth 'cos he's so damn nervous. That man didn't have any balls.
Reply 18
JonathanH
I love how the same people who declare that Muslims arrested with fully-fledged plans, manuals and jihad tapes aren't "terrorists" because they are "innocent until proven guilty", but with these guys - who it doesn't seem even had any plans or targets and haven't even come to trial - are already called "terrorists". And then they accuse others of hypocracy.

yes, just like at Forest Gate. :rolleyes:

There is a simple reason why this didn't make the news: it doesn't suit the government's agenda. Currently the backlash against muslims is being encouraged in the media and by the government to help them to justify their failing policies in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Reply 19
soup_dragon87
I know this discussion has been around before...I just can't find it.

It didn't make headline news because he's a crazed old BNPer who everyone knew wasn't going to actually do anything. Oh, he stockpiled the chemicals fair enough, but he certainly wasn't going to bomb a mosque with it. All that he makes me think of is a Virginian white tobacco farmer locked up in his house surrounded by mutinous black slaves, arming himself to the teeth 'cos he's so damn nervous. That man didn't have any balls.

Tony Lecomber and David Copeland?

Latest

Trending

Trending