The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Tramways Accommodation 2015-2016

Hi i haven't seen anyone post anything about who is staying at tramways this year,i saw the accommodation today and have decided i'm going to be booking tonight! just wondered if anyone else is booking or who has booked who is also a first year!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charl2472
Hi i haven't seen anyone post anything about who is staying at tramways this year,i saw the accommodation today and have decided i'm going to be booking tonight! just wondered if anyone else is booking or who has booked who is also a first year!

hey, im gonna be a first year, why did you chose this accomodation?:smile:
im going to look next week as im still not decided!
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by georgietilt
hey, im gonna be a first year, why did you chose this accomodation?:smile:
im going to look next week as im still not decided!

Hi, aw awesome! i was looking at the iq and tramways, and i found out that, well iq is extremely expensive and also your first installment is at the start of september when your student loan wouldnt have even came yet, so if you have a spare couple of thousand going, then youll be fine, haha, but i also found out that at tramways its mostly first years whereas at iq, its a mixture of all the years in your flate:/ I've also looked at John Lester and Eddie Colman and you have to pay so much at the start just to be able to book it its like £200 deposit and £200 upfront rent, and its the same as tramways where you dont have to pay that much at all, its only £1! and its closer to salford uni and the train station and the bus stop aswell!:smile:
Original post by Charl2472
Hi, aw awesome! i was looking at the iq and tramways, and i found out that, well iq is extremely expensive and also your first installment is at the start of september when your student loan wouldnt have even came yet, so if you have a spare couple of thousand going, then youll be fine, haha, but i also found out that at tramways its mostly first years whereas at iq, its a mixture of all the years in your flate:/ I've also looked at John Lester and Eddie Colman and you have to pay so much at the start just to be able to book it its like £200 deposit and £200 upfront rent, and its the same as tramways where you dont have to pay that much at all, its only £1! and its closer to salford uni and the train station and the bus stop aswell!:smile:

Oh wow that is expensive aha!
Yeah i don't really want a mixed flat either!
okay well thankyou! I'll have a good look next week but will most likely book into that accomodation!
What course are you taking? :smile:
Reply 4
H- Just been looking at Tramways too reckon they will be a lot of first years there?
Original post by JackGlead
H- Just been looking at Tramways too reckon they will be a lot of first years there?

I've never actually been to tramways, but going next week i think
ive applied for a room there and got an offer to stay there, but im not gonna accept it until i've been ahah
The course im taking is on the frederick road campus though, so im not really sure how close it is??
i imagine it'll be first years mostly, but no idea really haha
Reply 6
Yeah don't suppose it matters really I should of looked when i went yesterday!
Im just about to confirm my place to stay at tramways, Studying Biology(foundation). How do you find out which room you are in?
Reply 8
Oh thank you so much, I had no idea Tramways existed! £1 booking fee!? Thought I'd have to pay £200! I'll have look at it now and hopefully apply! I see a couple of TV and Radio people have applied too :wink:
Reply 9
I've just applied! How long did it take for them to get back with you?
ugh just been looking around at what people have to say about it and apparently there aren't many social things and it's abit boring? now i dont know what to do ahaha
Reply 11
ugh just been looking around at what people have to say about it and apparently there aren't many social things and it's abit boring? now i dont know what to do ahaha

I think it's defo worth applying at least, you're not committing until you accept the offer. We can make our own fun haha who needs help!? As long as there are parties I'm not arsed really
Reply 12
I'm staying in Block E, Flat 5! Anybody in there too?
I just accepted my accommodation. It said im in flat TWD F07 RD. How do I know which floor that is?
Reply 14
Original post by ohdearbritain
I just accepted my accommodation. It said im in flat TWD F07 RD. How do I know which floor that is?

Think that means Flat TWD, floor 7, room D
I got an offer for Block D Flat 09 Room D, anyone else close to that?
i got an offer for block E, flat 6, room D aha, anyone??
Original post by LeonM96
Think that means Flat TWD, floor 7, room D

Cheers. So am I on the top floor?
Reply 18
Original post by ohdearbritain
Cheers. So am I on the top floor?

Actually I've just had a look on the website. Mine is laid out as TWE F05 RF and I'm in Block E, Flat 5, Room F.

So you'll be in Block D, Flat 7, Room D
Reply 19
i got an offer for block E, flat 6, room D aha, anyone??

You're in the same block as me, in the flat next to it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending