The Student Room Group

HOW to get an A* IN LANGUAGES (German)?

My coursework for GERMAN is an A*. However, when it comes to the Reading and Listening, it usually ranges form B - D's.

How do you learn vocab quickly?
How do you improve on the Listening paper?
Any tips?

Thank you in advance.
Hi,
I would recommend a website called memrise.com, which is what I used to learn the GCSE vocab and I still use now for A-Levels. It's a really great way of learning vocab.

For listening, I would watch German films and listen to German music as much as I possibly could. Also the BBC Bitesize website is really good and has listening tasks on there:http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/german/
Don't know if your school has Sam Learning, but that was also really useful for the languages.

Best of luck with everything and I hope you find these sites useful!:smile:
I think for the reading exam you can get an B or over without understanding very much of the language because a lot of it is common sense, however if you want to learn vocab you may not have tried memrise.com (that is the correct spelling of the URL ) which most the students in my German class say is a life saver.

With the listening exam just listen to a lot of past listening clips and learn the patterns of the questions asked and how they try to catch students out e.g false friends and negatives.

Good luck for the exams.

Quick Reply

Latest