The Student Room Group

Relationship problems - Needing some decisions

Aww il try to make this simple and quick basically me and my gf have been together for over a year now. We are so inlove and the whole year has been my best ever, Were as a LDR we saw each other bout twice, more sometimes a month . How ever recently we become very distant, it came to the point were something had to be done, we decided to have a break sort of like space. Although we still talk and txt every day (very little tho) We still miss each other, but now we both (more her decision) decided we should be single and have a tempoarly break and maybe both of us go out and have some fun and get back together later on. I agreed to it but its so hard, i know there is a boy that likes her and she said she "could" have some harmless fun with him. Some times i feel this break is doing us worst because were both enjoying the single life (although we still want to be with each other) but then this break could make us not work at all, i dont know how she or me will feel after all this. I dont no if i can go out and fun because im so inlove with her its hard to do so. (Although she hasent done anything with guys yet) I feel if she did i would be mad, jelous and end up going out just to pull to even it out, i dont want to end up hating her because of this. Im so confused in my feelings. I just needed to let this out. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 1
I think you should e-mail her or write to her exactly what you have put on here so that she knows how you feel. Have you said all this to her she may actually think it's what you want to without admitting that she feels exactly the same
Reply 2
We know how each other feel, we feel it will work out at the end. I hope it does although sometimes i just dont no. The good thing is next year we be together again so no more LDR. We txting at the momment and shes just told me she wants me to go out and have fun now rather than feeling like i need to next year when were togther. Although i have to admit we both were very clingy on to each other. But i just couldnt take her and another guy together i was the very jelous type :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 3
Frankly, I think if you were truly in love, neither of you would be able to take the thought of the other one being with someone else, even if only for a bit of harmless fun. You two need to sit down and talk and decide what to do, with no more pussyfooting around the issue with this 'we'll have a break and get back together later' crap.
Reply 4
eh? Sorry but I think it's already over here. If you both meet up with someone else while you're apart, do you really think things are going to be the same again if you get back together? No way, you might say it'll be greener now, but you'll be more concentrated on who you've both been with while you've been "spaced".
oH MY GooDNESS!!!! (sorry, can't write capital os)

this is exactly my situation!!!!! my ex went to italy on his year abroad this year so we broke up. acutally there were little reasons too like we argue so much and we're still really immature and annoy the other...blah blah. but had he stayed we would probably be still together, and when he comes back in june, we're going to try again. but in the meantimoe we're single.

we still love each other, we told each other last week, wen i went to see him, which was soo weird, cos it was just as friends.

we've pulld other ppl and when we told the other (we thought we could do this cos we always had this honesty thing) the other was so upset and when he did it to me, i felt i had to pull some1 to get even. but now 2 months on, we've calmed down a lot and accepted the situation. i don't know if i will we will get back together, if we will change too much, but we'll see.

i know it's a cliche, but time is really a healer. but when is 'later on' when u will see each other and possibly get back again?

pm me if u want to talk or anything...i can't believe there is some1 else in this same situation!

xxxx
You should have talked about what is going wrong and how to put things right, a break is not the answer to it, it's simply running away from the true issues and so many times one you will end up falling for someone else and the other person who was in the relationship ends up getting hurt.

Latest

Trending

Trending