The Student Room Group

Marijuana, future leaders?

First of all, my view on this is the same as most other substances and share the same opinion as Mr. Obama, it is subject to abuse, alot like other drugs. But let's face it, if given the choice to either endure (isolated with them) someone totally wasted for several hours or someone high as hell, we'd pick the less annoying and more civilized 'high as hell' person; they'd probably be funnier too.

So why is it, that if I choose to smoke a joint and chill out after work I'm deemed a criminal and my career put in jeopardy when there's a lot more damage I could cause - under the influence of alcohol. We all know someone high wouldn't start an violent altercation.

Arguements such as your stereotype 'pot mong' simply are absurd, as I know more than a few people who smoke and get along with life, have a job; pay taxes. I also know a few lazy people who do sponge of the 'dole', but what I see trend in these people is that they drink alcohol and take cocaine etc.

My father also doesn't drink and does use cannabis as a regular user, he's a machanic and works for a living. I'd say my upbringing was better than most. So what is the real reason for this to be legal and please don't reply with it's bad for you, so is popping 6 pills prescribed by your doctor etc.

Do you think it will be legal in the future?
I am a police commissioner and we will be looking into you mate. Need to get in touch with the student room admin as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending