The Student Room Group

Just moved to London - where can I meet British Born Chinese girls?

I'm a Chinese guy who has recently moved from Leicester to London. I never really knew any Chinese girls in Leicester (most of my female friends were South Asian or English). I also have an unusually small family which has made it harder to connect with people of Chinese descent.

So with the move to London, I have decided to try and focus on meeting Chinese girls in particular. Ideally British born as I don't speak Chinese/not very traditional and past experiences with foreign student types have been difficult.

What can I do/Where can I go to meet BBC girls in London?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Chinatown mate. Plenty of them going around..
Original post by Rian7
Chinatown mate. Plenty of them going around..

Ok, but I can't just go up to them in the street. I guess what I'm really looking for is suggestions in terms of things to get into/join that would put me in contact with more westernised chinese girls.

Further input is welcome.
I can't help you buddy.

I thought you were one of those white guys obsessed with the notion of having a submissive non-ageing oriental beauty.
Why on earth would you ask this on a forum like student room where being a nerdy virgin is the norm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by grassntai
Why on earth would you ask this on a forum like student room where being a nerdy virgin is the norm
Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR seems like a pretty diverse place with a decent mix of m/f members so thought it was worth a shot.
Reply 6
I thought the title meant you wanted a British passport
There were and are lots of Chinese New Year celebrations happening
Original post by ChunkyLeeChong
I'm a Chinese guy who has recently moved from Leicester to London. I never really knew any Chinese girls in Leicester (most of my female friends were South Asian or English). I also have an unusually small family which has made it harder to connect with people of Chinese descent.

So with the move to London, I have decided to try and focus on meeting Chinese girls in particular. Ideally British born as I don't speak Chinese/not very traditional and past experiences with foreign student types have been difficult.

Go to Thai Square (near Trafalgar Square) on a Friday or Saturday night, you'll find loads there. Alternatively you can go to any Oriental promoted clubbing events. It might not help if you're not into the clubbing scene, but that's was the first thought that popped into my head :ahee:
Try Deptford in Lewisham
Original post by Em_Huong
Go to Thai Square (near Trafalgar Square) on a Friday or Saturday night, you'll find loads there. Alternatively you can go to any Oriental promoted clubbing events. It might not help if you're not into the clubbing scene, but that's was the first thought that popped into my head :ahee:

I'm more of a book/computer person, not into clubbing at all. I guess I'm looking for slightly more reserved, low key girls as that's the type I tend to get along better with.

Thanks for your input anyway.

Original post by Jibola240
Try Deptford in Lewisham

Lol, I actually live in Lewisham. A lot of people seem to have well established social circles here which makes it harder to break into. It probably doesn't help that I live on my own. Just don't know where to start tbh.
erm, UCL, KCL etc?? I swear loads of Chinese are attracted to those places.
Loads in South kensington
Reply 12
Have to second KCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
Chinatown? :ninjagirl:

Original post by Pulse.
Have to second KCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the suggestions. University is not an option for me so that rules KCL out. I'm in my late 20s and living on my own here at the moment. Have a good amount of social connections at work but nothing that will lead me to what I'm looking for.

I suppose the hardest part is trying to break into new social circles. It's all well and good knowing where certain types of people exist, but it's harder actually trying to get involved.
For example Chinatown seems like an obvious suggestion, but once I'm there I can't exactly hang around on a street trying to befriend people.

Beyond clubs/college/university there doesn't seem to be many ways of getting involved in order to meet certain types of people. Anyway thanks again for all the contributions.
Lost count of the number of Chinese people I've seen around South Kensington
Try social events at meetup.comChinese / Korean / Japanese Society Meetup Group

or if you're into your food try instagram and become a foodie, am aware there are social groups that meet up and go around blogging (that have chinese)
or consider checking out the chinese community centre in your borough!

As a BBC girl who is originally from the north who also had limited contact with chinese pl growing up I can empathise the challenges to meet other BBC! London is a good place to be to help find what you're looking for - do you work in the city?? That would be to your advantage for networking...
and don't be afraid to try Tinder to find like minded individuals, it isn't just a hook up app

Steer clear approaching people on the st, have had guys come up and start talking and there's no way of it coming across other than a super creep.
It's just not acceptable to talk to strangers especially so in LDN as its not the safest city and you simply don't know people's intentions/backgrounds :frown:

All the best!
I'm more of a book/computer person, not into clubbing at all. I guess I'm looking for slightly more reserved, low key girls as that's the type I tend to get along better with.

Thanks for your input anyway.

Lol, I actually live in Lewisham. A lot of people seem to have well established social circles here which makes it harder to break into. It probably doesn't help that I live on my own. Just don't know where to start tbh.

You're right, most people have grown up with their circles of friends and they usually stay in those circles, it can be tough to break into these circles =( Work may be your best bet then, colleagues may know of new people to introduce you to, take them up on invites outside of work and stuff. Or you could take up evening classes in something, or go to Chinese festivals. I know in the summer there are Vietnamese festivals that happens in or around London, there may be Chinese ones too. Good luck =)
Reply 17
Any university in London
At your closest Nike factory.

did you try chinese food restaurants and libraries of top universities?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending