The Student Room Group

Women are far less likely to date unemployed men

Scroll to see replies

I really miss the thumbs down button.
Reply 21
Original post by SophieSmall
Why do you only ever post threads complaining about women? Surely it gets boring.

Its great that he is enlightening us all with his knowledge, am really grateful for the OP to reveal the truth.
Reply 22
Original post by A5ko
Us men don't need no women.

#MenMatterAlso
#Fleshlite

Expand on this? What is this?:confused:
I fail to see how this is women's problem. The inequality is only there because guys are particularly lax about whether their date is employed or not. I think that's more significant than the fact that women dislike it.
Reply 24
Original post by TurboCretin
I fail to see how this is women's problem. The inequality is only there because guys are particularly lax about whether their date is employed or not. I think that's more significant than the fact that women dislike it.

This also linked to men being generous (givers and women being the takers). One can argue men overlook women a lot more than women do to men, it would be nice if women gave men a chance too:frown:, just like men do to unemployed women.
Reply 25
Original post by ubi1
Expand on this? What is this?:confused:

Yea yea...

I believe your innocence, thousands wouldn't.
Reply 26
Original post by A5ko
Yea yea...

I believe your innocence, thousands wouldn't.

It'd be interesting to see if how many women genuinely know what a 'fleshlight' is:wink:
Women are crash-grabbing hookers. Are you surprised?

**** romance. All they want is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
"The research was based on 925 responses."
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Well lets look at it this way, a Career drives you, gives you something to focus on and motivation. I wouldn't date someone who is unemployed because we would probably already have little in common. I most certainly would not be in a long term relationship with someone who is unemployed since it wouldn't be equal, I would be working much harder and paying for everything.

If I was in a relationship with a guy who at the start of the relationship was employed and then became unemployed, that's a different story. Someone who has been unemployed for 2/3+ years, no thank you and that's because I don't really see that guy becoming employed anytime soon and I would be carrying so much weight on my shoulders. It wouldn't be equal.

Don't worry, I don't look at men as "providers", so the way I see it is we should both be contributing equally.

I do think it is important to have a plan in place, I don't see how somebody cannot. I plan most of my life, anywhere from what I'm going to eat for dinner to what I am doing in a months time, so there would be a personality clash there.

And 46% of men happy to date an unemployed woman? well that's your own gender letting you down guys! Since many men still hold on to the "stay at home wives/mothers" view, I'm not really surprised that 46% would be happy to date an unemployed woman.

The point is this wholly down to the individuals and not the statistics. We don't know what views the men and women are holding in this survey. I still find it funny how you can turn it around and blame women for this, when quite honestly your gender more often than not is what is contributing to inequality.

So to sum up NO I WOULDN'T DATE AN (LONG TERM) UNEMPLOYED MAN FOR THE REASONS I HAVE STATED ABOVE,TAKE IT HOW YOU WILL AND IT'S NOT BECAUSE I'M OLD-FASHION "that way".

Let's say he owns a place to live, and is unemployed. Would you pay rent to live there?
Reply 30
Original post by The Socktor
"The research was based on 925 responses."

it was spread out?
Original post by SerenityNow
http://news.yahoo.com/75-percent-women-wont-date-unemployed-men-113858283.html

Once again, as you can see, most women are old fashioned ''that way''. What do we want? Equality ! When do we want it? Whenever we feel like it!

This isn't an instance of inequality though. Men are perfectly entitled to refuse to date unemployed women as well if they want to. The fact that they tend to be more open to dating unemployed women is down to their own preferences rather than it being forced upon them.

Both men and women have an equal freedom of choice in this regard, and that's as far as it needs to go. How they use that choice is up to them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ubi1
This also linked to men being generous (givers and women being the takers). One can argue men overlook women a lot more than women do to men, it would be nice if women gave men a chance too:frown:, just like men do to unemployed women.

Let's face it, most men would not give a damn about a woman being unemployed, if she's attractive, he likes her, she treats him good, and isn't a high maintenance nightmare, like loads are. They'd be bloody grateful to find a jewel and it wouldn't matter. Women are more status oriented and also much more conservative/practical, with a small c at least. I also tend to think women are more concerned about respectability and what everyone thinks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Colonel Agansu
Women are crash-grabbing hookers. Are you surprised?

**** romance. All they want is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I wouldn't go as far as saying the bold, but from a psychological point of view we can see that women have so many unrealistic expectations compared to men. Men are really generous to women, these studies and statistics bare this out.
Reply 34
Original post by tazarooni89
This isn't an instance of inequality though. Men are perfectly entitled to refuse to date unemployed women as well if they want to. The fact that they tend to be more open to dating unemployed women is down to their own preferences rather than it being forced upon them.

Both men and women have an equal freedom of choice in this regard. How they use that choice is up to them.

I agree with equal freedom of choice for both genders, however I see where the OP is coming from, it's not about preferences I don't think, moreover it's men overlooking women a lot more. Women see men not equal to them if they don't work. WTF! Look at post number 9.

Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Let's face it, most men would not give a damn about a woman being unemployed, if she's attractive, he likes her, she treats him good, and isn't a high maintenance nightmare, like loads are. They'd be bloody grateful to find a jewel and it wouldn't matter. Women are more status oriented and also much more conservative/practical, with a small c at least. I also tend to think women are more concerned about respectability and what everyone thinks.

You have a point about status orientated, but one can argue men ignore many faults in women, yet the same faults men ignore and overlook women held men at fault for.:frown:
Reply 35
Original post by SerenityNow
http://news.yahoo.com/75-percent-women-wont-date-unemployed-men-113858283.html

Once again, as you can see, most women are old fashioned ''that way''. What do we want? Equality ! When do we want it? Whenever we feel like it!

Men need to get higher standards?
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Let's say he owns a place to live, and is unemployed. Would you pay rent to live there?

How does he if he has been unemployed for so long? If it's mummy and daddy's money then that's an instant turn off anyway.
How does he if he has been unemployed for so long? If it's mummy and daddy's money then that's an instant turn off anyway.

Why? no-one can buy a house on regular salaries anyhow. And anyhow, if mum and dad had helped so what, people get other advantages like going to private school, having access and easier entry into top universities and therefore good graduate salaries, what's the difference?
(edited 9 years ago)
So get a job then.
Reply 39

Bought it then made redundant?

Bought it with a redundancy payment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending