The Student Room Group

Edinburgh vs Durham vs Exeter for business management?

Hey guys,

Thought this would be an appropriate place to post. Currently received offers from those three universities and need advice as to which would uni would you recommend for business management? So far, I'm really leaning towards Edinburgh because my friends there say its an awesome city, but I also want to consider how good the course/teaching is there. Hope someone can help out :smile:
Original post by Tyvm
Hey guys,

Thought this would be an appropriate place to post. Currently received offers from those three universities and need advice as to which would uni would you recommend for business management? So far, I'm really leaning towards Edinburgh because my friends there say its an awesome city, but I also want to consider how good the course/teaching is there. Hope someone can help out :smile:

Hi.
If the city that you'll be living in is important to you, I would choose Edinburgh. I have friends at Durham who love their university but say it's very, very dull socially and the town is nearly dead. I have an offer from Exeter uni (and Edinburgh): Exeter is a lovely city, very picturesque and lots of independent shops etc. It's more peaceful that Edinburgh (for obvious reasons) but there's not much around the university of Exeter apart from the city, which isn't exactly the soul of clubbing, if that's what you're looking for.
There's much more to do in Edinburgh than the other two places. There's a nice buzz near the city centre and there's plenty of greenery if you want to get away from the noise and traffic. The university area, though close to the centre, is actually really picturesque and not nearly as noisy and bustling as the rest of the city.

Teaching wise, I can't be much help. They're all got very good business schools: I'd have a look at https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/ and compare your courses.

Good luck!
Consider also that Durham's business school is at their Queen's Campus in Stockton and not in the city of Durham.
I'd say Edinburgh :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending