The Student Room Group

Just reading facebook makes people unhappy... is it the same for TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
what were they thinking PI ? you should have been Carrie the prom Queen :mob:

lmao. I love Carrie. But no, I wasn't popular enough :sadnod:
Original post by Precious Illusions
:five: Same here. The prom queen at my school who was just awful has a kid now, has gained about 5 stone and still works at the local Peacocks. It's bad to gloat about but she was such a bitch at school :laugh:

Wow, your school had a prom queen?! Hahah I think it is totally acceptable for horrible people to get their comeuppance!
Original post by Queen Cersei
:rofl:

The 'cool' kids in my school who bullied people and were considered to be the popular now seem like complete wasters (something my mum always told me would happen but I didn't believe her!)

Same here. Especially interesting to see several of the cool kids have now coupled up, I suspect because they both realised they would be unable to find anyone else/better :biggrin:
ermm to get back on topic. bear™ derives immense enjoyment from TSR. naturally there are envy issues when one reaches senior status, but hey, that goes with the territory.
Original post by Queen Cersei
Wow, your school had a prom queen?! Hahah I think it is totally acceptable for horrible people to get their comeuppance!

Yeah, well she was the prom queen of our year, every year had a different prom king/queen. A lot of people said she only won because all the guys voted for her - the whole night she was complaining that her dress was too tight on her boobs and she wasn't able to fit a bra underneath, there were a fair few nip slips. :indiff:
First of all, very few people realise they are unhappier, it's like an uncouncious thing. We are deceptionated.
Also, it's not just fb or tsr, it's every social interenet platform.
:five: Same here. The prom queen at my school who was just awful has a kid now, has gained about 5 stone and still works at the local Peacocks. It's bad to gloat about but she was such a bitch at school :laugh:

I'm unemployed again, I'm not exactly a bastion of success. At least I got as piece of paper on my wall to point at :tongue:
Depends - most of the people I went to school with have awful lives now. It's great.

Neither TSR nor FB make me particularly happy or unhappy. Both just...help pass the time.

Ah, my facebook feed is filled with palm trees and promotions.
I ... don't go near facebook. I know vaguely what some old schoolfriends are doing and I don't have any desire to know more than I do, I never want to see any of them again. For someone as private and introverted as me, facebook is not something I ever want to use.

The sooner I can move away with a new life and a new identity, the better.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I'm unemployed again, I'm not exactly a bastion of success. At least I got as piece of paper on my wall to point at :tongue:

Well, at least you're not a crack addict!
It's hard to tell because I don't really remember how happy I was before TSR
Reply 31
I only ever use tsr. I don't go on anything else :tongue: It's primarily for discussion but the individuals here on tsr easily make me happier than those on FB (when I had it) :wink:
Reply 32
Original post by Maid Marian
I ... don't go near facebook. I know vaguely what some old schoolfriends are doing and I don't have any desire to know more than I do, I never want to see any of them again. For someone as private and introverted as me, facebook is not something I ever want to use.

The sooner I can move away with a new life and a new identity, the better.

Agreed.
Facebook did used to piss me off; constant emo statuses, 2000000 photos posted every single night out, people changing their profile picture to a different selfie every few hours, some girl bragging about her 'modelling career' when most of her 'modelling photos' have the worst Photoshop on them.

So I just unfriended or unfollowed all the annoying ********s and it's much better now. I like seeing posts/photos by friends I don't get to see very often, relatives, etc. It's a great way to stay in touch.

Tsr doesn't particularly make me happy, it's just a good way to kill time.
Well, at least you're not a crack addict!

True :tongue:

I'm addicted to this site though :ninja:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
True :tongue:

I'm addicted to this site though :ninja:

Aren't we all? :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest