The Student Room Group

Do you like yourself?

Scroll to see replies

I like myself, I believe I'm a good person, although that isn't to say I don't make mistakes.

You've got to like yourself, before anyone else can really like you.
Reply 21
I wake up in the morning and gaze at myself in the mirror and think "I would".
Original post by Maid Marian
I love myself so much I want to marry myself.

That's just sad

Posted from TSR Mobile
To quote Rick Ross "IMA BOSS" or at least I think I am. Whether others think is their business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman

I can relate to that.
I like myself but I'm not gonna ignore my flaws. I'm a good person but I'm not the nicest, I haven't handled some things very well. If I could change something I'd be more considerate to someone that I used to know.

I hate myself but I love myself at the same time, it's a balance. I've come to accept that I'm a piece of ****.
I get told I'm a likeable person, but it doesn't mean much if you can't see it other peoples way.

I know I'm a good person and capable of a lot of great things, but I don't believe in myself :tongue:
Original post by Gott
At least your TSR self is highly loveable. :smile: What is your facade for me btw?

I'm hoping that I'm not being false with anyone on here :smile: It's different when I'm face to face with people though. It's difficult to explain but I tend to roll up like a hedgehog when I'm around strangers :tongue: but it's easier for me when I get to know people better.
Original post by Anonymous
I was just thinking about this and, to be honest, I do not find myself particularly likeable- in fact, I get guilty and frustrated with myself frequently.

How about you guys?

Could you advise me on how to improve my self-love?

Thanks

To paraphrase Descartes, "I drink, therefore I am". C2H5OH = life.

Hope this helps :smile:
I supposed I'm ok, I do seem to get on with most people I meet which is nice :smile: There are 2 main areas of weakness I'm working on though: Improving self-confidence & work ethic! :borat:
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Kind of, although I often wonder whether I am truly 'myself,' or just a collection of superficial facades that I pick and choose for every person that I communicate with. But if I had the chance to meet myself in person (without realising it) then I'd probably be bemused by own quietness and then randomly wander off :tongue:

Wow... You basically said everything I was gonna say! :-o I'm always concerned that there is no me and that I'm just a bunch of personas all the time! :s-smilie:
Original post by Gauntlets28
Wow... You basically said everything I was gonna say! :-o I'm always concerned that there is no me and that I'm just a bunch of personas all the time! :s-smilie:

I know, it's psychologically exhausting isn't it! :tongue: But I suppose we are all shaped by our surroundings/culture/relationships with others etc. whether we fully realise it or not.
Yes, I love myself.
Original post by TheHopefulIdiot
That's just sad

Posted from TSR Mobile

And you're just jealous :wink:

I laffed :lol:
Original post by sr90
There is not one thing about myself I wouldn't change given the opportunity..

same here

apart from my taste in music, i have great taste in music
No, I think I'm a ****.
I'm a difficult character but we all have our flaws and if you don't like yourself,you can't expect others to like you.
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
But if I had the chance to meet myself in person (without realising it) then I'd probably be bemused by own quietness and then randomly wander off :tongue:

Yup. Same here.
never liked myself but just get on with what i have or else i will end up in deep depression.

:sexface:

If you are gay do you get turned on by your own reflection? :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending