The Student Room Group

Female gym virgin - help D:

Hey guys

I'm really keen on getting fit this year - I've got a lot of mental pressure this year (final exams of med school, trying to organise life etc.) and I feel that exercising helps relieve the stress, but I want it to pay off...

So I've got a gym membership and I've been a couple of times, but I've realised theres so much equipment that looks fun, but don't know how to use! (And the gym can be quite intimidating for a newbie)

I'm around 5'5, weigh around 54kg. I'm looking to do exercises to tone my abs and thighs. I do some exercises at home that i've seen on Youtube. Can anyone recommend any fitness regimes that they do or websites for exercises I can do at the gym (so I dont look like a plonker). At the moment I just use the treadmill and bike - I'm too scared of anything else :colondollar:

-- I'd love to look like a Victoria's Secret Angel but unfortunately havent got the height haha
Reply 1
It is definitely worth learning how to squat,a huge amount of muscles at one time. It also involves abdomials as well as thighs. Its classes as the best one exercise you can do on the gym.
Reply 3
Original post by *Dreamer*
Hey guys

I'm really keen on getting fit this year - I've got a lot of mental pressure this year (final exams of med school, trying to organise life etc.) and I feel that exercising helps relieve the stress, but I want it to pay off...

So I've got a gym membership and I've been a couple of times, but I've realised theres so much equipment that looks fun, but don't know how to use! (And the gym can be quite intimidating for a newbie)

I'm around 5'5, weigh around 54kg. I'm looking to do exercises to tone my abs and thighs. I do some exercises at home that i've seen on Youtube. Can anyone recommend any fitness regimes that they do or websites for exercises I can do at the gym (so I dont look like a plonker). At the moment I just use the treadmill and bike - I'm too scared of anything else :colondollar:

-- I'd love to look like a Victoria's Secret Angel but unfortunately havent got the height haha

IMO, one should take little steps. It's easy saying: "I want to look like Arnold!" but first you need to establish -how-.
Reply 4
Original post by *Dreamer*

Its not at the gym butttt....on youtube type in Xhit workouts and theres a set of Victorias secret workout showing exercises the models actually use and stuff.....I love them! (just saying :wink:)

Quick Reply

Latest