The Student Room Group

CCEA: What is the difference between N6 and T6?

Original post by EMurray00

Hyea, what subject is this for? :woo:
Mathematics

What maths is this??? I do further maths and normal maths, never seen this before lol. I do the edexcel spec. The only difference i can see is one is a T and one a N (duh).
Yea!!!!I was looking for past papers and saw both n6 as t6 so thought I'd ask what it is means. Also it is normal maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure, could you elaborate any further? Because honestly I have no idea.
Yea soz :frown: CCEA's syllabus changed in 2012. i do exams in tiers for example t4, t6. there are practice papers though in the 2011 syllabus that are called n6, n4, n3 etc. I was just wondering if anyone knew the difference so that I would know if there was any point printing them off for revision.

Oh so they are just saying what topics ?

T6 and N6 would just be different types? For example, it could be Number 6 and T something 6 ? Or am i barking up the wrong tree lol?

I haven't done this syllabus, but I'm sure someone else has...
Reply 5
Original post by Calzs34
Oh so they are just saying what topics ?

T6 and N6 would just be different types? For example, it could be Number 6 and T something 6 ? Or am i barking up the wrong tree lol?

I haven't done this syllabus, but I'm sure someone else has...

Your right it is Number 6 and Tier 6 and they have different topics but i want to know if there is a big change between them in terms of topics. CCEA don't seem to have the N6 syllabus up anymore so can't check the differences between them.
Your right it is Number 6 and Tier 6 and they have different topics but i want to know if there is a big change between them in terms of topics. CCEA don't seem to have the N6 syllabus up anymore so can't check the differences between them.

Aha, I understand. Tier 6 is that not the levels or the difficulty?

Number 6 is for example the 6th topic in numbers
Reply 7
Original post by Calzs34
Aha, I understand. Tier 6 is that not the levels or the difficulty?

Number 6 is for example the 6th topic in numbers

oh no sorry i have lead you in the wrong direction! Number 6 has lets say 15 topics and Tier 6 has 15 topics. Number 6 and Tier 6 are just names for the exams but have the topics inside these exams changed by much?
oh no sorry i have lead you in the wrong direction! Number 6 has lets say 15 topics and Tier 6 has 15 topics. Number 6 and Tier 6 are just names for the exams but have the topics inside these exams changed by much?

I'm guessing they wouldn't have, if they are a new introduction and it says you won't need the other one they probably won't have changed. However, there could have been additions or removals of certain topics. So it would be best to go through it, if I understand you correctly.
Reply 9
Original post by Calzs34
I'm guessing they wouldn't have, if they are a new introduction and it says you won't need the other one they probably won't have changed. However, there could have been additions or removals of certain topics. So it would be best to go through it, if I understand you correctly.

yea. Thanks for all the help

Quick Reply

Latest