The Student Room Group

Are guys with mental health issues beta males?

Groot just told me I'm beta because of my paranoia among other things…

I don't agree since it's quite a horrible thing to say but she seems to be popular and speaks un PC truths etc. so why should I trust my own intuition, counsellors etc.-is this what lots of people think, or a single person being immature?

Apologies for inflammatory ideas, mods please do not assume this is my idea, I am already 1 red card from H+R permaban I cannot afford this for an anxiety attack compulsive thread reaction argh
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

riku have you got your test levels checked, maybe you need TRT
Especially 'em aggressive ones.
Original post by Greg Jackson
riku have you got your test levels checked, maybe you need TRT

what the firgging ****? Do not follow

are you implying I'm a pussy

Original post by perspiracious
Especially 'em aggressive ones.

does not compute
Eh, I thought we already established that beta-males aren't a thing?

I'm alpha when I want to be and beta when i want to be. Mostly when it suits me to be each but someone when it doesn't because I can't help because that's who I am.

The labels really are redundant though as they simplify reality way too much.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
what the firgging ****? Do not follow

are you implying I'm a pussy

does not compute

no but you might have low test, some people do you can get it checked at the doctors
Original post by TorpidPhil
Eh, I thought we already established that beta-males aren't a thing?

I'm alpha when I want to be and beta when i want to be. Mostly when it suits me to be each but someone when it doesn't because I can't help because that's who I am.

The labels really are redundant though as they simplify reality way too much.

it's more the fact she is making out if you're paranoid and let people into your head then you're a pussy and failed as a man
Original post by Greg Jackson
no but you might have low test, some people do you can get it checked at the doctors

Tested last year, I have low end of normal test and I saw the look of pity that the nurse gave me afterwards, 'you're fineee run along now chicken :h:'
Groot just told me I'm beta because of my paranoia among other things…

She literally tells everyone they're beta. Also you are an idiot for still believing in this stuff when you have tons of people in loads of forums trying to explain that it isn't real.

she seems to be popular

lol

and speaks un PC truths

LOL

so why should I trust my own intuition, counsellors etc.

You probably shouldn't.
Original post by SmashConcept
She literally tells everyone they're beta. Also you are an idiot for still believing in this stuff when you have tons of people in loads of forums trying to explain that it isn't real.

lol

LOL

You probably shouldn't.

I know I'm stupid but I am going through a mental panic attack atm, started with reading SerenityNow's thread
The answer to this question is no.
Take it from someone who spends a large amount of time around the mentally ill.
I know I'm stupid but I am going through a mental panic attack atm, started with reading SerenityNow's thread

Just do what the people on reddit tell you, they are actual grown ups who appear to be sincerely interested in helping you.
Original post by upagumtree
The answer to this question is no.
Take it from someone who spends a large amount of time around the mentally ill.

I actually can't believe I made this thread but somehow an 18 year old got into my head like the Year 7s did at my worst.

I do wonder whether I should be a teacher considering I am scared of some of the kids.

I'd like to know what it's like to be on the giving end of this
Original post by SmashConcept
Just do what the people on reddit tell you, they are actual grown ups who appear to be sincerely interested in helping you.

they suggest stop asking for help from strangers on the Internet and go build a trusting reship with a counsellor, possibly get meds
Groot is a silly girl, ignore her.

Mental illness is not inherently a weakness any more than physical illness is. However, the general 'you' can still behave pathetically if you are mentally ill.
(edited 9 years ago)
I actually can't believe I made this thread but somehow an 18 year old got into my head like the Year 7s did at my worst.

I do wonder whether I should be a teacher considering I am scared of some of the kids.

I'd like to know what it's like to be on the giving end of this

I'm going to set you a challenge and its up to you if you want to accept it.

Go to reset your password and change it to something random and incomprehensible that you will never remember. Log out and never sign up again. It might be scary but it's what you so desperately need. If you can do this tonight.
they suggest stop asking for help from strangers on the Internet and go build a trusting reship with a counsellor, possibly get meds

Good idea.
Original post by Birkenhead
Groot is a silly girl, ignore her.

Mental illness is not inherently a weakness any more than physical illness is. However, the general 'you' can still behave pathetically if you are mentally I'll.

hah, fair judgment

I'm going to set you a challenge and its up to you if you want to accept it.

Go to reset your password and change it to something random and incomprehensible that you will never remember. Log out and never sign up again. It might be scary but it's what you so desperately need. If you can do this tonight.

bit extreme, why?
hah, fair judgment

bit extreme, why?

TSR is most certainly not your friend if it makes you feel so bad. Anything that gives you anxiety attacks should be banished. You know it makes sense.
TSR is most certainly not your friend if it makes you feel so bad. Anything that gives you anxiety attacks should be banished. You know it makes sense.

You mean 'some people on TSR are certainly not your friend'…?

Quick Reply

Latest