The Student Room Group

I hate being black.

I don't know why or when these feelings developed but I've had them for quite a while but only recently have I realised that I despise my race and skin-colour. I don't have anything in common with black/African culture. In fact I get embarrassed when I'm asked about my black heritage.

In truth being black is an inconvenience and something I will never be truly comfortable with.

I have never spoken about this before and I'm not sure why I've even decided to make a thread about it as I can imagine many of you will attack me for being... different.

If a tran-sexual can claim to be trapped in the wrong body and identify as a different gender. Why can't people accept me for identifying as a white person.

Please share your opinions. Dispense with the niceties, words are wind.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colonel Agansu
I don't know why or when these feelings developed but I've had them for quite a while but only recently have I realised that I despise my race and skin-colour. I don't have anything in common with black/African culture. In fact I get embarrassed when I'm asked about my black heritage.

In truth being black is an inconvenience and something I will never be truly comfortable with.

I have never spoken about this before and I'm not sure why I've even decided to make a thread about it as I can imagine many of you will attack me for being... different.

If a tran-sexual can claim to be trapped in the wrong body and identify as a different gender. Why can't people accept me for identifying as a white person.

Non sense! You should be proud of being black
Reply 2
Don't hate being Black. Black is beautiful. Embrace it!

Nothing wrong in being black mate.

How exactly would someone go about that though? Do you go around claiming to be white?
Being black is who you are. If you don't accept that then you have fully embraced who you are. Being black isn't a bad thing, every race is positive :smile:. You might get along more with white people but how can people in general... white, black, the entire ****ing rainbow... love and accept you if you don't love you? Black is beautiful dude :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Would you ever say being male is better to a man who identifies as a woman?

Are you black?

I know you're trolling but I don't think that white is better. I just feel more white than I do black.

Is this a problem?

Well yes. It's like me saying "I feel more American than I do English as I dislike the monarchy greatly and find their history more interesting" and then going off and identifying as American.

Look, I knew some people are prejudiced and in that regard they will treat as just another black person and not as the individual with your own unique merits and downfalls that you are, but those people are not worth your time. It is really meaningless to say you "act like a white person" or are more like a "white person" since all white people themselves act uniquely. You're just furthering the stereotypes that are put onto both white and black people by doing that. This is precisely what transgender people do to. I don't think it's particularly permissible for either to do it. And I don't think you should.

You'll be fine, there are loads of awesome black folk.

[video="youtube;Ie64T1D51-8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie64T1D51-8[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Good you are British. You are black that is fine. Your aren't white if you are British, you are British does matter what skin colour. I am delighted that you exist.
Original post by Loafing.Charizard
Nothing wrong in being black mate.

How exactly would someone go about that though? Do you go around claiming to be white?

There's nothing wrong with being female, either, but you can look like one whilst knowing deep down in your heart that you're not.

Just be yourself and never change your style-God made you in his own image.

In my opinion, race/ethnicity is not important and you don't have to 'identify yourself' with anything if you dont want to!! I'm white, however i don't feel either negative or positive about it, i'm totally indifferent. As well as this, i'm ukrainian- again i am totally indifferent to it, and don't really identify myself with anything. it's just me!!:P

So don't hate your race. It literally says nothing about who you are on the inside.
Reply 10
Sometimes I wish I wasn't white! I feel that females of colour look more beautiful than me and I just look like an average plain jane. But I realise I'm dumb to think like this! Being black doesn't have to define you, you're your own person.
Is it really that bad having everyone assume you've got a big dick? I'm white and know very little about my lineage so I don't see why anyone would expect you to know yours if any one asks about your heritage just ask them about theirs, it would get them to consider the stupidity of their question. Embrace who you are, you can't change it. Always remember that you're a person first and formost- something you have in common with billions around the world, the rest of your character doesn't matter as you are fundementaly equal to all others regardless of creed, colour or sexuality.
Funnily enough I was having a conversation on this very topic earlier today.

I don't see why you can't identify as a white person if you want to.

This is an interesting read on the topic at hand.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthrockmorton/2008/05/10/ken-zucker-compares-ethnic-identity-conflict-and-gender-identity-conflict/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
You can be ashamed all your God damn life but you'll always be black. It's time to stop self hating. You are NOT. NOT! NOT. WHITE. If you're white, I'm a ****ing scorpion. You are BLACK. I'm half Eastern European and I AM NOT white. So how in the name of all that is holy are YOU? This goes deeper than a hatred of your skin colour.

You are black, dear. And you always will be. You might as well get used to it. Good day.

Reply 14
... just lav ur self and move on m8 ...

no way dude, you are a reverse-wigger? the black eminem?
Original post by shaka33
You can be ashamed all your God damn life but you'll always be black. It's time to stop self hating. You are NOT. NOT! NOT. WHITE. If you're white, I'm a ****ing scorpion. You are BLACK. I'm half Eastern European and I AM NOT white. So how in the name of all that is holy are YOU? This goes deeper than a hatred of your skin colour.

You are black, dear. And you always will be. You might as well get used to it. Good day.

Was Michael Jackson always black?
I understand that many things can make people of colour think negatively of their race. the colour you are shouldn't determine your character though. black is beautiful in my opinion.
Not another one of these threads... Smh :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is so sad :/.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending