The Student Room Group

UWE deferred entry adult nursing

hi I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else but I applied for adult nursing in uwe for September had an interview got offered a place but it's for feburary 2016.. I got deferred 5 months?? why has this happened and has it happened to anyone else? should I email them and ask? thanks
Reply 1
Original post by sml141
hi I was just wondering if this happened to anyone else but I applied for adult nursing in uwe for September had an interview got offered a place but it's for feburary 2016.. I got deferred 5 months?? why has this happened and has it happened to anyone else? should I email them and ask? thanks

I did too, although I am very happy because I have more time for experience and to save
You probably know this by now anyway...

I applied to Southampton Uni for PgDip Nursing (which also has Feb 2016 start rather than Sept 2015) and at selection day they told us this is because NHS like unis to have nurses graduating at 2 points in the year, so they have graduate nurses ready to work throughout the year rather than one big intake. So, if it's the same at Southampton you'll graduate in February too.

Hope that helps, and good luck with your studies!!

Quick Reply

Latest