The Student Room Group

Girls, eye up other guys when you're in a relationship already?

I mean are you attracted to other men and give them the once over, or twice! Even when you are in a serious relationship and know you cannot be with that guy or are unlikely to.

Scroll to see replies

I personally don't no. Though I generally do not get attracted to someone on looks alone, I can't think of an occasion where I have been attracted to a man who I didn't not already know well and whose personality I enjoyed. But anyway, when I am in a relationship I have no interest in the rest of the opposite sex.
Reply 2
Hot stuff demands to be stared at.
I've been in one relationship, and, out of choice, never looked at anybody in the same way/leered/commented on attractiveness. It didn't take effort either. It just didn't feel right for me, and for me its just a form of loyalty. I'm sure many would challenge that but thats my approach to a relationship.
Original post by Anonymous
I mean are you attracted to other men and give them the once over, or twice! Even when you are in a serious relationship and know you cannot be with that guy or are unlikely to.

Tbh I think everyone stares at someone who they think is good-looking, you could be walking with your partner somewhere and pass a good-looking person and check them out, doesn't mean you want to be with them...
Reply 5
Original post by elmosandy
Tbh I think everyone stares at someone who they think is good-looking, you could be walking with your partner somewhere and pass a good-looking person and check them out, doesn't mean you want to be with them...

Wouldn't this be unfairly leading the other guy on not least to say somewhat disloyal if in mind only to the guy you are with.
Original post by SiminaM
Hot stuff demands to be stared at.

But if your man is already hot,there's no need to stare at other men :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by queen-bee
But if your man is already hot,there's no need to stare at other men :wink:

pffff yea sure. Me greedy. Also, I wouldn't judge my man for appreciating beauty/hotness either. Beauty/hotness/sexiness should be appreciated and looked at.
Wouldn't this be unfairly leading the other guy on not least to say somewhat disloyal if in mind only to the guy you are with.

No? oh co'mon you could be both watching tv and suddenly a good-looking person is on the screen, you're going to look, you can think a person is a good-looking but not want, hell I met a guy on hoilday three years ago, I thought he looked amazing, he started flirting with me after hoilday , hated it, why? because I didn't like him like that, god most of us have celebrity crushes...

It's unfair when you start flirting and going off with someone else
Original post by SiminaM
pffff yea sure. Me greedy. Also, I wouldn't judge my man for appreciating beauty/hotness either. Beauty/hotness/sexiness should be appreciated and looked at.

Exactly!
Original post by SiminaM

Well if I saw Wentworth Miller walking the streets,I would be checking him out indeed
Well if I saw Wentworth Miller walking the streets,I would be checking him out indeed

I'd drool at Jensen Ackles and Gabriel Macht :sexface:
Takes a bit of doing between meeting a guy and then have him flirting with you after you get back doesn't it?
Original post by SiminaM
I'd drool at Jensen Ackles and Gabriel Macht :sexface:

Omg both the characters of sam and dean anyday ....

And he'd be checking out the man behind you.
Original post by macromicro
And he'd be checking out the man behind you.

Why do you have to torture me!!! I know he's gay already :frown:

Leading someone on just my checking them out? Seems a bit harsh. I don't think it's disloyal, I think in most adult relationships people accept that being in a monogamous relationship doesn't stop you being attracted to others, and they wouldn't count that as disloyalty. I've caught my girlfriend checking out girls, let alone guys! I also regularly check out girls guilt free.

If you feel this is disloyalty, I advise you make this clear to any girls you go out with, that you won't check out girls and you don't expect them to check out guys. But I think it would be better if you could get over this, there's no harm in looking.
Original post by Mankytoes
Leading someone on just my checking them out? Seems a bit harsh. I don't think it's disloyal, I think in most adult relationships people accept that being in a monogamous relationship doesn't stop you being attracted to others, and they wouldn't count that as disloyalty. I've caught my girlfriend checking out girls, let alone guys! I also regularly check out girls guilt free.

If you feel this is disloyalty, I advise you make this clear to any girls you go out with, that you won't check out girls and you don't expect them to check out guys. But I think it would be better if you could get over this, there's no harm in looking.

Isn't it a bit harsh on the guy who thinks a girl is wants him, particularly if she does it more than once only to find she's doesn't want to be with him when she's given the signal that she wants him/finds him desirable.
Isn't it a bit harsh on the guy who thinks a girl is wants him, particularly if she does it more than once only to find she's doesn't want to be with him when she's given the signal that she wants him/finds him desirable.

Don't you think it's a bit excessive to get your hopes up that high just because someone looks at you? Also, most people check people out a bit more subtley than that. You keep only talking about girls looking at guys, what about the other way round? If so, I think most guys are very harsh...
Reply 19
Original post by Mankytoes
Don't you think it's a bit excessive to get your hopes up that high just because someone looks at you? Also, most people check people out a bit more subtley than that. You keep only talking about girls looking at guys, what about the other way round? If so, I think most guys are very harsh...

Totally agree with you. Just because your checking someone out doesn't mean you want to be in a relationship with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest