The Student Room Group

Which uni to study Economics?

Hi guys, I am at the stage of thinking of going to potential universities to study Economics. As I am more lenient towards the mathematical aspect of economics than the written aspect, I would like to do a degree in Economics that is more maths based. Do any of you know any top universities that provide such an Economics degree?
Reply 1
Original post by sarkar97
Hi guys, I am at the stage of thinking of going to potential universities to study Economics. As I am more lenient towards the mathematical aspect of economics than the written aspect, I would like to do a degree in Economics that is more maths based. Do any of you know any top universities that provide such an Economics degree?

Honestly I want to do the same. Look for a uni that does Bsc, not Ba. Bsc is the maths-based course, and on average bsc graduates earn considerably more than Ba graduates, as well as having better career prospects.
As for the uni, do some research and look for the ones that offer bsc and are highly ranked in league tables (both overall and in economics). Go through different unis and look at their usual offers, it all depends on the grades you think you will get and the subjects you want to do. Personally, I'd like to go to London school of economics or imperial college.
Reply 2
Original post by mickel_w
Honestly I want to do the same. Look for a uni that does Bsc, not Ba. Bsc is the maths-based course, and on average bsc graduates earn considerably more than Ba graduates, as well as having better career prospects.
As for the uni, do some research and look for the ones that offer bsc and are highly ranked in league tables (both overall and in economics). Go through different unis and look at their usual offers, it all depends on the grades you think you will get and the subjects you want to do. Personally, I'd like to go to London school of economics or imperial college.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, likewise, I'd like to apply to LSE too, along with UCL, since both of them are the best universities for economics in London. Also, since the Economics course at Cambridge is Ba, I'm assuming its more written than numerical?
Reply 3
Original post by sarkar97
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, likewise, I'd like to apply to LSE too, along with UCL, since both of them are the best universities for economics in London. Also, since the Economics course at Cambridge is Ba, I'm assuming its more written than numerical?

I have not checked it out, however I wouldn't like to do economics at Cambridge.
Original post by mickel_w

Well, considering Imperial don't offer economics that might be rather difficult
Reply 5
Original post by midgemeister7
Well, considering Imperial don't offer economics that might be rather difficult

Yeah, good catch, I meant UCL.
I'm tired.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending