The Student Room Group

UCL vs. Imperial (Computer Science)

Which university is better for computer science? the actual course and the social aspect of it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Social aspect - UC without doubt. There aren't any girls at Imperial.

UC is much funner and is one of the best and most exciting universities in the world.

Imperial is an Oompa Loompa training college.

Course wise - I have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me if Imperial is better.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Clip
Social aspect - UC without doubt. There aren't any girls at Imperial.

UC is much funner and is one of the best and most exciting universities in the world.

Imperial is an Oompa Loompa training college.

Looool Im most likely going to firm UCL, I don't like the sound of Imperial's social life and male:female ratio
Original post by Hhassan66
Which university is better for computer science? the actual course and the social aspect of it.

Imperial>UCL; Imperial is the best in the country for Computer Science and has worldwide recognition for the course. Forget UCL, it's overrated.
Reply 4
Original post by Raymat
Imperial>UCL; Imperial is the best in the country for Computer Science and has worldwide recognition for the course. Forget UCL, it's overrated.

Are you studying CS at imperial?
Are you studying CS at imperial?

No but I have a conditional offer from Imperial and an unconditional offer from UCL. I don't like UCL.
Reply 6
Original post by Raymat
No but I have a conditional offer from Imperial and an unconditional offer from UCL. I don't like UCL.

Unconditional from UCL?!? :eek:. Is there a particular reason why you don't like UCL?
Original post by Raymat

WOOOOW YOU SOME SMART MOFO MAN! Congrats. You should just pick UCL. Also just wondering what is you grade requirements for Imperial and what were you predicted?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by vedant1797
WOOOOW YOU SOME SMART MOFO MAN! Congrats. You should just pick UCL

You're crazy if you think I will pick UCL over Imperial!! Imperial beats UCL in every course they have in common. Imperial is the science powerhouse in the UK.
(edited 9 years ago)
Unconditional from UCL?!? :eek:. Is there a particular reason why you don't like UCL?

I don't like the fact that they accept non-academics as well. They give offers to some students as if it's a joke that's why I don't take them seriously.
I'm pretty sure there's no contest, Imperial is far better than UCL is every aspect, you can have fun at Imperial too...people saying otherwise are just salty UCL students.

Imperial is world class, UCL isn't.
Original post by Raymat
I don't like the fact that they accept non-academics as well. They give offers to some students as if it's a joke that's why I don't take them seriously.

LOL you seem confident about getting your grades to get into Imperial then I guess. And now I just feel dumb for getting an offer from UCL after how you put it. So what are your predicted grades and entry requirements for Imperial?
Original post by Brubeckian
I'm pretty sure there's no contest, Imperial is far better than UCL is every aspect, you can have fun at Imperial too...people saying otherwise are just salty UCL students.

Do you study at Imperial?
Do you study at Imperial?

No.
Reply 14
Original post by Brubeckian

I've heard from actual Imperial students that although Imperial is excellent academically there social life was non-existent.
LOL you seem confident about getting your grades to get into Imperial then I guess. And now I just feel dumb for getting an offer from UCL after how you put it. So what are your predicted grades and entry requirements for Imperial?

I've already done my GCE A levels. I got A*A*A in Maths, Chemistry and Biology respectively. B for AS Psychology. My offer from Imperial is conditional because I don't have B for English. I need to pass the IELTS to get into Imperial. If I can't then I will go UCL.
I've heard from actual Imperial students that although Imperial is excellent academically there social life was non-existent.

I get that but that's because Imperial students are all out nerds, London is London, your social life depends on you not your university. Don't sacrifice a better education for the perceived notions of under achieving salty UCL students.
Reply 17
5 boys to every girl on some Eng courses.

2:1 generally.

Just sayin'

Every night is super fun happy times at UCL. Sportsnight is legendary.

Good luck at Imperial Airsoft club or Warhammer Society. In fairness, ICL is the perfect preparation for life in engineering. You spend all day with your computer friends whilst the people who read Ancient History go out and get bombed with the girls. Can't put a price on that.
Original post by Clip

Just sayin'

Good luck at Imperial Airsoft club or Warhammer Society. In fairness, ICL is the perfect preparation for life in engineering. You spend all day with your computer friends whilst the people who read Ancient History go out and get bombed with the girls. Can't put a price on that.

Did you study at UCL? If so, what did you study?
Original post by Clip

Just sayin'

So much salt, UCL isn't even top 10 in UK any more...it's not worth London prices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending