The Student Room Group

Focus west/ top up

Does anyone know if u can receive an offer only to pass top up or is it based more on grades
Can you provide a link to this qualification (I've never heard of it) and tell us what other qualifications you're currently studying for please? Without that into it's going to be very hard to help you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
http://www.focuswest.org.uk/teachers/top-up/

I already have five higherb at a and b grades. And am currently sitting another 4. Plus I've met the entry requirements for the course I want to sit
It's essentially a widening participation programme, which is designed to encourage you to apply to uni. Looking at what they say about assessment
Pupils are assessed on their performance during the Programme and receive a certificate of completion and a student profile, giving feedback and grades in three areas: overall performance; seminar preparation and performance; written assignment. The profiles of all pupils who achieve 3 B grades or above are forwarded to the admissions officers of the HEIs to which they are applying. The profile is used as a measure of a pupil’s ability to perform successfully within HE and can be used, at the admission officers discretion, to adjust one Higher grade by one point.

It looks like they give you extra consideration in the applications process, and that your offer may be one grade lower as a result.

However, the main benefit to you will be the experience and the skills you gain - it looks pretty fun and well structured to me.

If you're still confused, I'd suggest emailing Focus West to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending