The Student Room Group

I still look 12 and I'm almost 18

So I'm 18 in a fewmonths time and I'm sick of still looking like a 12year old. I literally have not chamged since I was that age either but have seen everyone around me transform drastically.
Any advice on howI can look older or am I just stuck with a twelve year old face.

I'm not really a big. fan of makeup but I don't think makeup is necessary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I can understand why you'd find it frustrating. Always having to be asked for proof of age when you buy 18+ stuff, and not being taken seriously by others especially if you want to be in a position of leadership when you have your career
pics or BS
Reply 3
Original post by hukdealz
pics or BS

Don't feel comfortable sending pic to be honest, but why it make it BS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chances are you look a lot different than you think, if you literally look the same then I would question if you have a medical condition because if it's true you would still look pre-pubescent. So maybe imbalanced hormones? I have no idea.
Are you asian?
Reply 6
Original post by SophieSmall
Chances are you look a lot different than you think, if you literally look the same then I would question if you have a medical condition because if it's true you would still look pre-pubescent. So maybe imbalanced hormones? I have no idea.

A lot of people tell me I still look like a little kid. My facial features just haven't matured or whatever it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Dekota-XS
Are you asian?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XXSimmyXX
A lot of people tell me I still look like a little kid. My facial features just haven't matured or whatever it is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure what advice I can give you to be honest, not much you can do about it.
Reply 9
Original post by nikki1810
I still look 12 and I'm 24... you get used to it.

Oh, so it doesn't bother you anymore? Makes me feel so insecure abot myself that younger people look more my age

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
You've got Ariana Grande/Selena Gomez syndrome

Once you go through puberty, you'll look your age. Were you born premature?
Reply 12
Once you go through puberty, you'll look your age. Were you born premature?

Have I not gone through puberty lool, I think I have apart from this appearance problem
No not premature, , does being asian have anything to do with it
Anyway to speed up process
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Koolio
You've got Ariana Grande/Selena Gomez syndrome

Aha I like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XXSimmyXX
Have I not gone through puberty lool, I think I have apart from this appearance problem
No not premature, , does being asian have anything to do with it
Anyway to speed up process
Posted from TSR Mobile

The problem is, how can anyone help you if you can't specify what part of you looks juvenile for your age?! Yes, being asian predominantly means inheritance factors playing a part in your developing
You haven't gone through puberty if you're still looking like a 12 year old.

I could give you help of how to look your age if I knew what you look like and what's disproportionate in you.
I'm just like that, however I'm 19 and look 12 :tongue: and whenever someone asks my age they always comment on how I don't look it and it does frustrate me but but then not everyone looks young for there age and I can take it as a compliment even though it can get to me a little. And I totally agree with about the makeup statement you had made. Just be yourself and there are plenty of people out in this work that don't look their age! And looking younger is a good thing right?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
The problem is, how can anyone help you if you can't specify what part of you looks juvenile for your age?! Yes, being asian predominantly means inheritance factors playing a part in your developing
You haven't gone through puberty if you're still looking like a 12 year old.

I could give you help of how to look your age if I knew what you look like and what's disproportionate in you.

I dont really want to send pic bit just like my face still looks like a child.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by nadzworldz
I'm just like that, however I'm 19 and look 12 :tongue: and whenever someone asks my age they always comment on how I don't look it and it does frustrate me but but then not everyone looks young for there age and I can take it as a compliment even though it can get to me a little. And I totally agree with about the makeup statement you had made. Just be yourself and there are plenty of people out in this work that don't look their age! And looking younger is a good thing right?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see where your coming from but some people proper look down on you and think of you/treat you as a kid and I hate it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by nikki1810
I just make sure I carry ID everywhere. I'm sure I would look older if I wore make up and dressed up a bit but I don't really care.

Oh right

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know exactly what you mean im 18 but have been told I look younger than my 11 year old sister!... whats worse is that shes even taller than me.

I try to look at the benefits... at least I can still get away with child bus fair :tongue:

Latest