The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

A levels to get into bsc accounting and finance at LSE

I am currently deciding A level options. I was wondering how vital further maths is to get into this course because of the competitiveness of LSE. I am doing history AS, physics, economics and was wondering on maths or maths+further maths. Any advice?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Willnewman234
I am currently deciding A level options. I was wondering how vital further maths is to get into this course because of the competitiveness of LSE. I am doing history AS, physics, economics and was wondering on maths or maths+further maths. Any advice?

Maths,
Physics,
Further Maths
and Economics is perfect, not just for A&F but for any maths/ engineering based degree.
Reply 3
I know someone in their first year of A&F at LSE who didn't even do Maths so your combination will be absolutely fine
Reply 4
I got an offer from all 5 unis including LSE
my subjects are physics maths economics and dropped geography for a2. Furthur maths not required. i did get 100 in maths AS so...

But if u think u can do furthur maths go for it. The reason i didnt choose to do it was because i would fail even tho i know im good.
Reply 5

I got an unconditional offer for LSE A and F in 2015. I used actual results not predicated. My school did not offer further maths. I had AAA* (A* in Math, A in Physics,Chem) At AS i got aaaaab ( a in accounting , math , physics ,chem , bio ) . I think the A* in math definitely helped. Note accounting is listed as a non preferred subject by LSE on the website , hence I dropped it for A2. They don't tell you why you got in so it is difficult to know which subjects they prefer.
Original post by jake4198
Maths,
Physics,
Further Maths
and Economics is perfect, not just for A&F but for any maths/ engineering based degree.

Well I was hoping to go into finance with A+F or possibly the economics course. I have done some work experience at a firm in London every two weeks or so and have invested in stocks and shares since around 14 ( I am 15 nearly turning 16). I have also got some other good extracurricular activities I can potentially put on. Will these help me as well?
Original post by Harry7777
I got an unconditional offer for LSE A and F in 2015. I used actual results not predicated. My school did not offer further maths. I had AAA* (A* in Math, A in Physics,Chem) At AS i got aaaaab ( a in accounting , math , physics ,chem , bio ) . I think the A* in math definitely helped. Note accounting is listed as a non preferred subject by LSE on the website , hence I dropped it for A2. They don't tell you why you got in so it is difficult to know which subjects they prefer.

Well congrats on that. Yeah I was worried if I took further maths I wouldn't get an A* in A level maths and an A* in maths looks quite important. I am doing further maths GCSE this year. Will that be good or will it just be like any other GCSE and not be that important for any offers I get?
Original post by Askaud
I know someone in their first year of A&F at LSE who didn't even do Maths so your combination will be absolutely fine

Do you have a rough idea on his grades for A levels?
Reply 9
Do you have a rough idea on his grades for A levels?

Well they definitely got AAAB at AS and I think they got A*AA at A2. At A2 they did Econ, French and I think English Lit so not quant subjects at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending